NKMSBL Week of 2/1/10

stinkyboy II

Didn't notice a thread started yet for this week.

Several make up games played last night. Anybody got some results?

HMS traveled to Twenhofel last night. They have the tightest rims I think I have ever seen. If you hit any part of the rim with the shot it was coming off.

HMS 6th held on for a 2 point victory.

HMS 7th by 3 in overtime.

Twenhofel 8th by about 5 at the end.

Highlands welcomes the Newport Wildcats to Fort Thomas tonight for a tripleheader.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands 6th grade boys beat Newport by a final score of 47-33. Birds were up 21-2 after one quarter and coach emptied the bench only to have to put the starters back in the game when Newport cut the lead to 4 with about 2 1/2 minutes to play. Starters quickly opened the lead back up and finished strong. Record now stands at 14-6 with a big game this weekend at Holmes and then 3 games next week to finish off the regular season.

Birds 7th grade rolled to an easy win last night against an overmatched Newport team.

Very disappointing that this thread is getting less and less posts. This latest one has 96 views, but only 3 posts. Somewhat perplexing. Only seems to be interest in a few of the local teams here. The number of posts has graphed like a ski slope since the beginning of the season.

Great game tonight in Ft. Thomas as HHS and Holmes 7th grade played. Game was decided on a shooting foul with no time on clock. Young man from Holmes misses first and then rims in the second to win 60-59. Would love to follow this kid to see how far he goes. won't be very far though if he doesn't change attitude. Telling the crowd to hush with a finger to his mouth:sssh:, as a 7th grader, child please!

Great game tonight in Ft. Thomas as HHS and Holmes 7th grade played. Game was decided on a shooting foul with no time on clock. Young man from Holmes misses first and then rims in the second to win 60-59. Would love to follow this kid to see how far he goes. won't be very far though if he doesn't change attitude. Telling the crowd to hush with a finger to his mouth:sssh:, as a 7th grader, child please!

Its prevalent. I saw a Dixie kid do it last night.

I was told the boy you speak of is only a 6th grader playing up to 7th. As a parent and coach, my son would have a seat next to me until he could understand how his actions reflect upon himself. Not surprising that the coach allows this to go on, he is loud, aggressive, and out of control.

Holmes 7th has a nice well rounded ballclub. The guards are quick and shoot the ball well. They have twin towers that are skilled players. Kenny (#11) must have had 30 points and 20 rebounds against the guard/forward line-up of the Birds. Beau Hoge had his best game of the season for HMS. Urlage was money from 3 point land. Weyer/Harris/Whitford tried to battle the big men from Holmes, they were just too much. If seeding holds up, HMS will get a third shot at the Bulldogs in the postseason.

Good luck to Holmes in this weekends 7th grade state tournament. They have the pieces in place to make a nice run.

For an adult to get on here and say child please to a kid because he beat your team doesn't say much about the adult. I hope you know what child please mean since your quoting Chad Jonhson.

For an adult to get on here and say child please to a kid because he beat your team doesn't say much about the adult. I hope you know what child please mean since your quoting Chad Jonhson.

Uuuuhhh excuse me. Are you serious. Sorry your mind is in the gutter. I was purely saying that based on past dialogue long before your friend Chad ever used it. I'm sorry but my educated definition of "child please" is "Gimme a break" or another would be "are you kidding". I guess that is my "rural" definition. Don't slander me on something you clearly don't know my intentions. Have a good day "my friend".

2/4 games:

Camp Ernst at Grant County

Gray at Camp Ernst

Ockerman-BYE

Tichenor at Blessed Sacrament

Conner at Saint Pius

IHM-BYE

Summit View at Twenhofel

Woodland at Turkeyfoot

Beechwood-BYE

Newport at Sharp

Campbell County-BYE

Uuuuhhh excuse me. Are you serious. Sorry your mind is in the gutter. I was purely saying that based on past dialogue long before your friend Chad ever used it. I'm sorry but my educated definition of "child please" is "Gimme a break" or another would be "are you kidding". I guess that is my "rural" definition. Don't slander me on something you clearly don't know my intentions. Have a good day "my friend".
It doesn't really matter what you say it means you get on here and question a kid future because he put his finger to his mouth when people are yelling at him. I'm just wondering to you evan know the kid?

It doesn't really matter what you say it means you get on here and question a kid future because he put his finger to his mouth when people are yelling at him. I'm just wondering to you evan know the kid?

I was at the game and no one was yelling at the kid. He did it after every free throw that he made during the game. There was some ruckus in the stands as he stepped to the line at the end of regulation but not before. As Stinky said earlier, if the kid was on a team that I coached he would be parked right next to me until that non-sense stopped. I do not have to know the kid from Adam to say that this behavior should not be tolerated at any level by any coach.

As for the game, it was very entertaining to watch. Both teams played with great intensity and poise from the opening tip. Holmes bigs were just too much for the undersized Birds to take on in the low post. On the other side, Holmes had no one to stop Hoge last night as he pretty much did whatever he wanted unless Holmes was running two or three men at him. Overall a well played game and hopefully the third time is the charm for Highlands.

You must be a Holmes fan to take tdyballgame's post that seriously. As far as Chad Johnson's Child Please that might be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. That guy is lucky he has athleticism because he doesnt have much of a brain.

The kid putting his finger to his mouth is embarrassing and if I was an administrator at Two Rivers I would call that kid into my office and have a long talk with him about representing the school. It just looks bad and obviously the way those coaches act they are not going to do anything about it.

Conner swept St. Pius last night. Good games in the 7th and 8th. Conner 7th tied it up with a 3 at the buzzer, and went on to win in OT. Rico in the house for the 8th. What a nice young man he is. Only two games remain in the regular season, and it's District Tournament time. Should be fun.