Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New AP poll

Featured Replies

  • Author

It came out right after I posted.

Duke still being in the top 10 in both polls surprises me a bit... Figured they'd be in in one, but drop out in the other. Kansas State moved up more than I expected as well... But I can understand it with the game that they played against Kansas.

 

For the most part, the polls lined up about the way I expected. The Coaches Poll goes a little more in line with what I was thinking than the AP, though.

Who do you think was the one coach to vote for UK? Coach Cal?

 

I doubt it... He's been pretty vocal that he doesn't think they're the top dogs. I don't think he'd vote them as such.

I doubt it... He's been pretty vocal that he doesn't think they're the top dogs. I don't think he'd vote them as such.

 

I was thinking the same, but who then?

I was thinking the same, but who then?

 

Pelphrey at Arkansas. The way they played against his Hogs was impressive. But that is just a guess on my part.

What coaches vote in the coaches poll?

What coaches vote in the coaches poll?

 

Per ESPN:

 

"The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The board for the 2009-10 season: Mike Adras, Northern Arizona; Dana Altman, Creighton; Tommy Amaker, Harvard; Tevester Anderson, Jackson State; Ronnie Arrow, South Alabama; Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's; Eddie Biedenbach, North Carolina-Asheville; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Rick Byrd, Belmont; Charlie Coles, Miami (Ohio); Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Greg Graham, Boise State; Rob Jeter, Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Billy Kennedy, Murray State; Billy Lange, Navy; Dan Leibovitz, Hartford; Fran McCaffery, Siena; Mike McConathy, Northwestern State; Bob McKillop, Davidson; Phil Martelli, Saint Joseph's; Ron "Fang" Mitchell, Coppin State; Matt Painter, Purdue; Tom Pecora, Hofstra; John Pelphrey, Arkansas; Mike Rice, Robert Morris; Doc Sadler, Nebraska; Herb Sendek, Arizona State; Scott Sutton, Oral Roberts; Bob Williams, UC-Santa Barbara; Gary Williams, Maryland; Doug Wojcik, Tulsa"

I would put my top dogs as:

 

1. Syracuse (best team in the best conference right now)

2. Kansas

3. Villanova

4. UK

UK at 4 is about right for now. IMO, I think UK is better then 'Nova. But for right now, they should probably be behind Syracuse at least.

Seth Davis tweeted yesterday: Just sent in my AP ballot. Still have UK at #2. Don't think Cats should be punished b/c their 1 loss was more recent than Cuse's or Nova's.

 

I have not been a Seth Davis fan in the past, but a lot of his tweets make sense. To bad he is a dUKie, but I am open minded to what he has to say.

I would put my top dogs as:

 

1. Syracuse (best team in the best conference right now)

2. Kansas

3. Villanova

4. UK

I played that logic with my brackets and had Louisville winning it all. You all know how that worked out for me.

Seth Davis tweeted yesterday: Just sent in my AP ballot. Still have UK at #2. Don't think Cats should be punished b/c their 1 loss was more recent than Cuse's or Nova's.

 

I have not been a Seth Davis fan in the past, but a lot of his tweets make sense. To bad he is a dUKie, but I am open minded to what he has to say.

 

haha.. my wife asked yesterday where we'd be ranked, and I told her 4. She asked why and I said, "Because we lost more recently than the other guys."

 

I hate agreeing with Seth Davis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.