Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Nky freshman teams.. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?

Featured Replies

I haven't seen Nick Jackson play this year but I called him as my best freshman before the season and it seems he hasn't let me down. They'll sure tough to beat in the tournament, as long as they play team ball. Some of the ego's on that team can cause major problems there.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are Holmes' top freshmen? Doesn't Jaylen Avery play freshman?

 

Keep in mind their best player at that level is their JV leading scorer and also seeing varsity time...Christian McClendon. He'd make a huge difference, just like Sampson and Swanson would for SK.

 

The only kid that caught my attention was the kid that started at receiver for the varsity team this past season.

Not too shabby when pulling from 3 different feeder schools.

 

Not sure what that means.

The only kid that caught my attention was the kid that started at receiver for the varsity team this past season.

 

I think you're referring to Desean Peterson. He has nice size for a freshman at 6'3 or 6'4.

 

I could be wrong, but I don't see him being a 2 sport athlete throughout his career. He'll pick one or the other. Very talented on the gridiron.

It means the Kenton Co schools clearly have a luxury when kids from Woodland, Turkeyfoot,Twenhofel, Summit View can choose between Scott, SK and Dixie. So its 4 feeder school possibilities I guess.

It means the Kenton Co schools clearly have a luxury when kids from Woodland, Turkeyfoot,Twenhofel, Summit View can choose between Scott, SK and Dixie. So its 4 feeder school possibilities I guess.

 

While it is true that Kenton County has open enrollment Scott has not been the beneficiary of any athletes coming on campus that do not live in district.

 

With the struggles the football team has had over the years and the upgrade in facilities at Dixie and SK in recent years the better athletes have ended up at those schools. Scott has probably lost just as many athletes who have went thru their feeder program at Woodland to Holy Cross and Covington Catholic as went to Dixie or SK.

 

The current group of frosh from Summitview is the first group to end up at Scott. That can probably be attributed to recent basketball success and a numbers game as that group looked at the athletes at Twenhofel and Summitview and looked at PT opportunities.

 

Open enrollment has not been a boon to Scott athletics.

Which just proves my point. The kids chose the school where they felt they would play more and a school with a solid basketball program. If they don't get that choice and Scott takes all Woodland kids then its a different team. Scott will draw more probably for hoops than the other 2 schools IMO. Well atleast the kids that only play hoops or don't have to have a solid football team.

When does the tourney start? When do they draw?

I'm pretty sure all the kids on Scott's Frosh. team are all from Woodland and Summit View. All the Woodland kids pretty much go to Scott and half the kids from SVMS go to Scott and the other half go SK. I don't know of any kids from Twenhofel or Turkeyfoot on this team. Scott lost a kid to Holmes that was at Woodland last year. Open enrollment seems to hurt Scott's athletics more than it helps.

 

Isn't Highlands feeder system pretty much all the middle schools in Northern KY?:popcorn:

You can say that about any team. Take their best player, especially the best post player at the freshman level, away and a team will be a "middle of the road". Although Scott would be a little better than "middle of the road". I guess its good that no one has come close to stopping Nick all year.

 

 

 

 

Boone is without question a top 3 team in Northern KY.

 

 

 

Scott is the deepest team in Northern KY. They play 11-12 kids a game and don't lose much at all. CovCath is a good physical team but not as good as couple other teams in NKY. The tourny on thier floor won't hurt.ourny on thier floor won't hurt.

 

Just be greatful that CovCath is indeed hosting this tourney because if this were a true Ninth Region Tourney, Scott would be on the outside looking in.:idunno:

 

The CovCath frosh played Dixie in a football game tonight that was played in the gym at CovCath. Just wondering if the men in stripes looked at the calendar incorrectly and thougth this was a football game but CovCath won anyway by 11 I believe. This game indeed was the farthest from being a basketball game that I have seen in a long, long time and you can put the blame squarely on the shoulder of the men in stripes! I am not kidding, I was totally surprised that someone didn't get hurt tonight!

I'm pretty sure all the kids on Scott's Frosh. team are all from Woodland and Summit View. All the Woodland kids pretty much go to Scott and half the kids from SVMS go to Scott and the other half go SK. I don't know of any kids from Twenhofel or Turkeyfoot on this team. Scott lost a kid to Holmes that was at Woodland last year. Open enrollment seems to hurt Scott's athletics more than it helps.

 

Isn't Highlands feeder system pretty much all the middle schools in Northern KY?:popcorn:

 

Only for football! :laugh:

Just be greatful that CovCath is indeed hosting this tourney because if this were a true Ninth Region Tourney, Scott would be on the outside looking in.:idunno:

 

The CovCath frosh played Dixie in a football game tonight that was played in the gym at CovCath. Just wondering if the men in stripes looked at the calendar incorrectly and thougth this was a football game but CovCath won anyway by 11 I believe. This game indeed was the farthest from being a basketball game that I have seen in a long, long time and you can put the blame squarely on the shoulder of the men in stripes! I am not kidding, I was totally surprised that someone didn't get hurt tonight!

 

I think Scott and SK will always be included in the freshman tournament, reguardless of their region. I think it's more the fact that they're a NKY team that plays all of the NKY schools. They're still in the NKAC conference as well. Kind of hard to exclude them.

I think Scott and SK will always be included in the freshman tournament, reguardless of their region. I think it's more the fact that they're a NKY team that plays all of the NKY schools. They're still in the NKAC conference as well. Kind of hard to exclude them.

 

Curious--Why don't they include ALL the NKY schools in this tourney any longer?? Who handles the invites for this event, CovCath?

I'm pretty sure all the kids on Scott's Frosh. team are all from Woodland and Summit View. All the Woodland kids pretty much go to Scott and half the kids from SVMS go to Scott and the other half go SK. I don't know of any kids from Twenhofel or Turkeyfoot on this team. Scott lost a kid to Holmes that was at Woodland last year. Open enrollment seems to hurt Scott's athletics more than it helps.

 

Isn't Highlands feeder system pretty much all the middle schools in Northern KY?:popcorn:

 

Who did Scott lose to Holmes that was at Woodland?

 

I know McClendon was originally at SV for a year or two but left and went back to Holmes.

Who did Scott lose to Holmes that was at Woodland?

 

I know McClendon was originally at SV for a year or two but left and went back to Holmes.

 

Engleman. Sp?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.