Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Nky freshman teams.. Who do you think will finish in the top 3?

Featured Replies

what has happened at Ryle? Didn't they have good freshmen teams the last couple years? maybe even 3-5 years?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Engleman. Sp?

 

What type of size does he have? How good is he?

 

The Englemon's that have come through Holmes have all been very good athletes with Brandent Englemon being the best to come through.

 

Is he of any relation to Brandent or Tirell Englemon who started varsity football for Holmes this year?

What type of size does he have? How good is he?

 

The Englemon's that have come through Holmes have all been very good athletes with Brandent Englemon being the best to come through.

 

Is he of any relation to Brandent or Tirell Englemon who started varsity football for Holmes this year?

 

I haven't seen him lately but he was about 6'2 last time I saw him.

I haven't seen him lately but he was about 6'2 last time I saw him.

 

Thanks for the info.

If both Sampson and Swanson were playing freshman, SK would certainly be very tough.

 

Scary thing is, McClendon was actually with those guys at Summit View for a year or two before going back to Holmes.

 

Could you imagine those three together? :eek:

Jachson and pouncy was part of that team to. just think if they were to stay togather with the other kids going to sk.
Jachson and pouncy was part of that team to. just think if they were to stay togather with the other kids going to sk.
I'm sorry Jackson.
I think Scott and SK will always be included in the freshman tournament, regardless of their region. I think it's more the fact that they're a NKY team that plays all of the NKY schools. They're still in the NKAC conference as well. Kind of hard to exclude them.

 

So I guess you are saying that if the Frosh Tourney were a true Ninth Region Tourney, they would be playing in it too? Why? I mean they aren't in the Ninth Region!

 

As far as who is invited to play, I honestly don't know (I will ask)! It might have been who was asked years and years ago but didn't want to participant at the time.

 

That's the funny thing about freshmen sports, the parents who really care and get upset this year, you couldn't drag them to a frosh game next year, when their Billy or Sally move up to JV/Varsity!

Just be greatful that CovCath is indeed hosting this tourney because if this were a true Ninth Region Tourney, Scott would be on the outside looking in.:idunno:

 

Grateful? I could not care less if Scott plays in this tournament. But your comparing apples to oranges here simply because it IS NOT a 9th Region tournament. It is a NKAC tournament which Scott belongs to. They have just as much right to be in the tournament as CovCath does regardless of where its hosted.

 

I never realized the 9th Region was so prestigious.

Jachson and pouncy was part of that team to. just think if they were to stay togather with the other kids going to sk.

 

I think if the five freshmen boys (Ayers, Bowling, Monson, Sampson, Swanson) playing for SK JV/Varsity were playing Freshmen for SK they would be the team to beat hands down.

I think if the five freshmen boys (Ayers, Bowling, Monson, Sampson, Swanson) playing for SK JV/Varsity were playing Freshmen for SK they would be the team to beat hands down.

 

That has been established on here many times but if's and but's we all know what they say about that.

 

SK needs to develop those boys as fast as they can if they want to make a run for the 8th Region championship so probably better that they are moved up. They will have their work cut out for them the next couple years dealing with Daryl Hicks and Shelby County.

I think if the five freshmen boys (Ayers, Bowling, Monson, Sampson, Swanson) playing for SK JV/Varsity were playing Freshmen for SK they would be the team to beat hands down.

 

Beechwood could be thrown into the mix with the if question. Look at Nussbuam and Maus being in the top 6 for Beechwood's varsity rotation. They could be a very good team in a few years.

The Engleman kid played for Woodland's 8th grade year and was right around 6 feet tall at the time. Long, athletic, but not too basketball savvy. Has a huge upside though, a very athletic kid. Almost head and shoulders above the rest as far as athleticism goes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.