Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could the UCONN Women beat a Mens Team???

Featured Replies

The HS team that I watch most often has won 14 of 16 games this year, 29 of the last 31 regional games, and is the favorite to represent the region in Rupp. If they played the Lady Huskies, the girls win IMO.

 

How big is this team? Mind posting their heights for the top 7 (or so) players?

 

Mathemagician, I am still waiting on your answer.

 

I'm interested in how the HS team matches up with the women.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
UCONN would be very fortunate to go .500.

 

 

 

The blinders of gender bias? Are you suggesting that we're wrong for saying that men are bigger, stronger, faster and can jump higher?

 

By saying they would be fortunate to go .500, you appear to be conceding the possibility the ladies might very well have a shot at beating 15 or so Mens' teams on a hypothetical D3 schedule. Wouldn't those teams not be bigger, stronger, and faster? Would they beat them or would they not? Can't be both.

 

I think it's an interesting question and maybe not so cut and dry as some may think. I just think there are some teams the girls might be able to compete very well with.

By saying they would be fortunate to go .500, you appear to be conceding the possibility the ladies might very well have a shot at beating 15 or so Mens' teams on a hypothetical D3 schedule. Wouldn't those teams not be bigger, stronger, and faster? Would they beat them or would they not? Can't be both.

 

I think it's an interesting question and maybe not so cut and dry as some may think. I just think there are some teams the girls might be able to compete very well with.

 

The game is PLAYED for a reason. The bigger, stronger, athletically superior team does not ALWAYS win. But, they win more times than not.

 

I'm still waiting on that HS Roster.

I'll take UCONN women and play a mens D3 schedule and win 20. I've coached on both siides, I know!!

 

I'll take Thomas More's team and beat you by 30, and I promise not to run up the score. I've coached both too.

By saying they would be fortunate to go .500, you appear to be conceding the possibility the ladies might very well have a shot at beating 15 or so Mens' teams on a hypothetical D3 schedule. Wouldn't those teams not be bigger, stronger, and faster? Would they beat them or would they not? Can't be both.

 

I think it's an interesting question and maybe not so cut and dry as some may think. I just think there are some teams the girls might be able to compete very well with.

 

Getting down in the lower half of D3 basketball isn't much higher than good HS basketball. It's not saying much.

:lol:

I'll take UCONN women and play a mens D3 schedule and win 20. I've coached on both siides, I know!!
I'll take UCONN women and play a mens D3 schedule and win 20. I've coached on both siides, I know!!

 

For clarification purposes, you're saying you've coached D1 women and D3 men?

For clarification purposes, you're saying you've coached D1 women and D3 men?

 

:sssh:

I think UConn Women could beat many different levels of men's b-ball. Maybe even UK. :D:D:D:D:D:D

  • Author
The game is PLAYED for a reason. The bigger, stronger, athletically superior team does not ALWAYS win. But, they win more times than not.

 

I'm still waiting on that HS Roster.

 

 

6' 4" 180

 

6' 4" 245

 

6' 2" 160

 

5' 10" 140

 

6' 1" -----

 

5' 7" 170

 

6' 4" 185

 

5' 9" 135

 

6' 3" 180

 

5' 10" 135

 

 

17-2 this season; 32-2 in last 34 region games. Sorry, CC, that I took so long to get you the numbers.

By saying they would be fortunate to go .500, you appear to be conceding the possibility the ladies might very well have a shot at beating 15 or so Mens' teams on a hypothetical D3 schedule. Wouldn't those teams not be bigger, stronger, and faster? Would they beat them or would they not? Can't be both.

 

I think it's an interesting question and maybe not so cut and dry as some may think. I just think there are some teams the girls might be able to compete very well with.

 

Like CalTech, they of the 59 consecutive losses...or maybe Moody Bible Institute? I agree. There are some really bad teams out there that I'm certain they could play with.:idunno:

Getting down in the lower half of D3 basketball isn't much higher than good HS basketball. It's not saying much.

 

It's also addressing the original question(s) posed in this thread. To summarize, we were asked if UConn's women could compete against the worst teams in mens basketball at any level, not Division I.

I've been involved with a D1 mens program, coached mens high level NAIA, womens D1, high school boys and high school girls.

I stand by my previous statement.

I've been involved with a D1 mens program, coached mens high level NAIA, womens D1, high school boys and high school girls.

I stand by my previous statement.

 

Did your D1 women scrimmage against men? What about your high school girls?

We did play some high school boys teams in the summer and won. This was a few years ago. It is illegal for NCAA teams to do that now, beacause of NCAA rules. My high school girls played 8th graders and generally won, but I had two future mid-major D1 players and an NAIA post. After they graduated we lost to the 8th graders.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.