Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeMarcus Cousins is such a thug!

Featured Replies

DeMarcus seems to have gotten a horrible reputation for his passionate play on the court. Most of this is coming from national media who don't seem to be seeing the real DeMarcus like many of us in Kentucky have seen. On the court, he is a fierce competitor with enough of a mean streak to make him a dominant big man. Off the court, he seems to be a funny and level-headed guy and a great teammate. Here are a few videos that provide evidence of the kind of person DeMarcus really is:

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Farva

  • Replies 45
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not heard Cousins referred to as a thug in the local, state, and national media. My brother in Texas says he has not heard of him or Wall referred to in a negative manner and Texas is competing with UK for the #1 spot in the nation. My cousin works for a sports talk station in California and he says he has not heard of any negative talk about UK, Wall or Cousins.

 

I'm just wondering how much of this so-called hatred toward UK and its players isnt UK fan paranoia

^ I couldn't agree more, I haven't seen anyone on here call him a thug just that he is a little to emotional at times and needs to grow up some. I think he has came a long way since the start of the season.

  • Author
I've not heard Cousins referred to as a thug in the local, state, and national media. My brother in Texas says he has not heard of him or Wall referred to in a negative manner and UK is competing with UK for the #1 spot in the nation. My cousin works for a sports talk station in California and he says he has not heard of any negative talk about UK, Wall or Cousins.

 

I'm just wondering how much of this so-called hatred toward UK and its players isnt UK fan paranoia

 

It may be just UK fan paranoia conjured up in my head, but in all actuality I was just looking for an attention grabbing thread title so people would be sure to see the video of Cousins and the baby :D

 

It just bothers me a little bit I guess that Cousins is seen a certain way by most because of the way the Louisville game started.

 

Note: I changed the title of the thread because it wasn't really accomplishing what I had intended. Maybe a moderator could change it on the board for me?

^ I couldn't agree more, I haven't seen anyone on here call him a thug just that he is a little to emotional at times and needs to grow up some. I think he has came a long way since the start of the season.

 

I agree with that. I didnt like his body language at the start of the year but have not seen that as an issue lately. Just immaturity.

 

But I am in constant contact with family around the nation and they don't hear anything negative about UK or the players. They think Calipari is a little on the shady side but nothing major. Heck, I think there is some shadiness with Calipari. Doesnt mean I hold UK in a negative light

^ I couldn't agree more, I haven't seen anyone on here call him a thug just that he is a little to emotional at times and needs to grow up some. I think he has came a long way since the start of the season.

If I'm not mistaken, a few of the UL faithful called him a thug after their game with UK.

Gary Parrish is the only person I've heard say anything negative about Cousins, and he just called him a hot head on the court. Didn't say anything about how he acts off the court, and it's hard to argue that he's not a hot head on the court.

I have had the opporunity to travel the country quite a bit with my job and talk to people from all over about Kentucky basketball and I never hear anything negative about the players, especially Wall and Cousins. Everyone loves Wall's game for sure.

 

On the other hand, I do hear quite a bit about their dislike for Calipari...but that is only when I'm in Memphis, not kidding either lol.

I have had the opporunity to travel the country quite a bit with my job and talk to people from all over about Kentucky basketball and I never hear anything negative about the players, especially Wall and Cousins. Everyone loves Wall's game for sure.

 

On the other hand, I do hear quite a bit about their dislike for Calipari...but that is only when I'm in Memphis, not kidding either lol.

 

But they loved Calipari in Memphis until he left. Then, ... all bets were off.

 

As far as Cousins, ... he is becoming one of my favorite players on this team. Plays hard, seems like a good kid off the court, ... what's not to love about this guy?

I agree with that. I didnt like his body language at the start of the year but have not seen that as an issue lately. Just immaturity.

 

But I am in constant contact with family around the nation and they don't hear anything negative about UK or the players. They think Calipari is a little on the shady side but nothing major. Heck, I think there is some shadiness with Calipari. Doesnt mean I hold UK in a negative light

 

He's been much better in the past few weeks. Pretty much since the elbow in the U of L game.

I have had the opporunity to travel the country quite a bit with my job and talk to people from all over about Kentucky basketball and I never hear anything negative about the players, especially Wall and Cousins. Everyone loves Wall's game for sure.

 

On the other hand, I do hear quite a bit about their dislike for Calipari...but that is only when I'm in Memphis, not kidding either lol.

 

I would venture to say they would love him despite losing the final four if he hadn't left. A few might have turned but not nearly as many.

I would venture to say they would love him despite losing the final four if he hadn't left. A few might have turned but not nearly as many.

 

Maybe, but they are going to get that Final Four back...probably. Are they still waiting on their appeal?

Maybe, but they are going to get that Final Four back...probably. Are they still waiting on their appeal?

 

Last I had read, the appeal failed. But I think they still had another appeal step they could take. Not sure though.

Part of the issue was that Cousins had this rep. from his high school days in Alabama. It would have stuck with him until proven otherwise whether he had gone to Memphis, as originally committed, or to Kentucky.

But they loved Calipari in Memphis until he left. Then, ... all bets were off.

 

As far as Cousins, ... he is becoming one of my favorite players on this team. Plays hard, seems like a good kid off the court, ... what's not to love about this guy?

 

I was sort of young at the time, but didn't most people love Patino while he was in Lexington, but then couldn't stand him when he left? Or was it just when he went to Louisville? :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.