Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Sign Aroldis Chapman

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow....This is a huge move correct? Haven't been keeping up with this.

 

I'll assuming he will be with the Reds or pitch a few minor league games?

:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

I'm fine if he starts out in AAA but he need to be up soon if they spent that kind of money.

Chapman

Cueto

Volquez (if he recovers)

Bailey

 

Young power arms for the reds. I can't remember when they had this much young potential in the organization.

  • Author

Harang

Arroyo

Cueto

Bailey

Chapman

Volquez

 

When was the last time the Reds had this type of pitching? Obviously Volquez is out until July, but Bailey seems to have turned the corner...

I am speechless. I knew the Marlins were in on him and fully expected for the Bosox or Yanks to win the bidding war. Seriously speechless. Never saw it coming

  • Author

Fay says that an official announcement could come as soon as tonight.

Big time get...I thought he would be in NY or Boston. I hope this works out well for the Reds- he has huge upside and potential.

I am speechless. I knew the Marlins were in on him and fully expected for the Bosox or Yanks to win the bidding war. Seriously speechless. Never saw it coming

 

Both teams backed off when their scouts projected him as a bullpen pitcher due to control and maturity issues.

 

 

Big move for the Reds it will probably make or break them the next couple of years. That's a ton of money for someone that age. If he learns to pitch he'll be a steal, if his makeup issues keep him from becoming what he can be his contract will be a killer for Cincy.

Both teams backed off when their scouts projected him as a bullpen pitcher due to control and maturity issues.

 

 

Big move for the Reds it will probably make or break them the next couple of years. That's a ton of money for someone that age. If he learns to pitch he'll be a steal, if his makeup issues keep him from becoming what he can be his contract will be a killer for Cincy.

 

I agree. Interest from at least 15-20 teams to start with but the more scouts observed him and everything else the less teams were interested. The latest take on him was that he'd be more of a bullpen pitcher than a starter.

 

Either way good get for the Reds, and who knows he may surprise us all! :thumbs:

The Reds have less than a zero percent chance of signing him

 

 

Nice call. :lol:

I am literally speechless.. The Cincinnati Reds?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.