December 31, 200916 yr UCONN people are saying they got ripped off on the foul... UCONN fans seem to always have something to cry about.:cry:
December 31, 200916 yr UCONN people are saying they got ripped off on the foul... They did. #11 (Dyson) fouled Stephenson out top, after he went for the steal and missed. The 2nd defender (Edwards?) got an awful lot of ball and MAY have made some contact. IMO, you let that go. The 3rd defender was clean. I'm pretty sure the foul was made on the 2nd defender. UCONN still got a decent look at the end, all things considered. I hate it when a team wins on a foul like that, but you've got to give credit to Stephenson. He stood at the line and knocked them both down. For what it's worth (which is literally nothing), I had UCONN at +1.5. Impressive win for Cincinnati.
December 31, 200916 yr Just watched the replay of the end of game. Edwards was clean up top, but got him on the arm and body with his off arm before that at .7. UC didn't get that call in Maui against Gonzaga, but it evened out tonight...
December 31, 200916 yr Author I don't normally have much to say about the stripes, but they totally changed the way they called the game with about 15 minutes left in the 2nd half and it took a while for both teams to adjust. Just be consistent on both ends for 40 minutes... The first thing I thought at half was that the refs were calling a loose game and UC was taking advantage of that. I totally agree that they definitely change the way they called the game.
December 31, 200916 yr Not trying to create any discussion about the low numbers showing up to UC basketball games lately, because that is a whole different thread, but... What was the attendance tonight? BTW, huge win for the Bearcats tonight. Not going to lie, I am a little suprised.
December 31, 200916 yr The first thing I thought at half was that the refs were calling a loose game and UC was taking advantage of that. I totally agree that they definitely change the way they called the game. It was actually right at the under 12 TV break. The stripes made a bad over the back call on Dyson to send it to TO and Calhoun spent about 80% of the stopage berating two of the officials. From there it was called totally different, and the flow of the game changed drastically...
December 31, 200916 yr Author It was actually right at the under 12 TV break. The stripes made a bad over the back call on Dyson to send it to TO and Calhoun spent about 80% of the stopage berating two of the officials. From there it was called totally different, and the flow of the game changed drastically... That it did.
December 31, 200916 yr What was the attendance tonight? 10,400 with a HUGE number of the die hards already on Bourbon Street. I was pretty surprised by the large turnout given the circumstances, and it definately had an impact on the game...
December 31, 200916 yr 10,400 with a HUGE number of the die hards already on Bourbon Street. I was pretty surprised by the large turnout given the circumstances, and it definately had an impact on the game... That's the reason I asked, the number of fans being down in New Orleans already. I have know two groups of friends/relatives that are already down there and probably would have been at this game if they weren't.
December 31, 200916 yr 10,400 with a HUGE number of the die hards already on Bourbon Street. I was pretty surprised by the large turnout given the circumstances, and it definately had an impact on the game... How many tix did the football team sell?
December 31, 200916 yr How many tix did the football team sell? Waiting on the exact number from UC, but I know they sold the 17,500 allotment and at least another 3K of the Florida tickets. Add in secondary market tickets and I'm guessing they send at least 25K to the game...
December 31, 200916 yr I didn't see any of this one, only the highlights. Bottom line, you can't make that call, in my opinion because the offensive player was out of control coming into the lane. If they want to call the attempted reach around at the elbow, I could buy that, but not on an out of control player coming into the lane. Despite that...a nice win for UC. They need to back it up with a W at Rutgers to keep that momentum. One side note...people talk about the inconsistency and whatnot regarding physical play, the NBA is a much cleaner game to watch. The NCAA game has gotten pretty brutal. Edited December 31, 200916 yr by letabrotherspeak
December 31, 200916 yr Just watched the replay of the end of game. Edwards was clean up top, but got him on the arm and body with his off arm before that at .7. UC didn't get that call in Maui against Gonzaga, but it evened out tonight... The official didn't call the off arm. Heck, it looked like he called it after the clean block.
December 31, 200916 yr The official didn't call the off arm. Heck, it looked like he called it after the clean block. If he called it up top, bad call. The most obvious foul was the reach with about 1.3, but Edwards did get him twice before getting the ball clean up top. BTW I call garbage on letting a foul go on the last shot because the stripes "shouldn't decide a game". If they let the call go, that is exactly what they did any way you slice it. Contact is contact and a foul is a foul. Period. Drives me crazy...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.