Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK fans fine with "Charles Manson as coach"

Featured Replies

Not a very smart thing to say at all but nonetheless funny to some.

 

If it were about UNC, I would find it downright hilarious. Not so funny to me now though.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What? I don't think it's extremely funny. Rolling your eyes will not change that.

 

Why would a comment like this be funny? Its just a dumb comment and not needed.

It is funny becasue it overexaggerates the extreme devotion that most UK fans have towards the Wildcats. Charles Manson is obviously a bad man and therefore the very bottom of people who would ever be chosen as a head basketball coach at any school. Saying that if he was successul at UK, the fans would love him is ridculous and does not have the slightest chance at being true. Therefore some people with a sense of humor may find is a little amusing. I am a huge UK fan and it takes a poke at me I guess, but it just sheds a little light on how instense some fans can be. I don't know how it would be offensive to anyone other than the overly devoted fan who would accept Charlie as a coach. I wouldn't and therefore am not offended. She could have easily have said any other bad person in history or present and made the same point. I think she was choosing someone she considered to be completly off base. Why does just saying his name offend some people?

I think if she had used someone that had been dead for a long time it may have come off as somewhat comical, if what she was trying to convey was that UK had fans that want to win. But to use a person who is responsible for multiple murders and is still in prison doing weirdo interviews is a little out there.

What? I don't think it's extremely funny. Rolling your eyes will not change that.

 

:lol:

As a rule we UK fans are a sensitive bunch.

 

Billy Packer doesn't like us.

Dick Vitale loves UNC and Duke.

John Clay.....

Pat Forde is mean....

 

Hyperbole folks. Hyperbole.

 

Her real point , regardless of how insensitive it may be, is right.

I think if she had used someone that had been dead for a long time it may have come off as somewhat comical, if what she was trying to convey was that UK had fans that want to win. But to use a person who is responsible for multiple murders and is still in prison doing weirdo interviews is a little out there.

 

What if she had used Hitler?

Perhaps during College game day we should give Bob Knight the key to the city while singing 'We are Family.'

It feels good to be relevant again.:clap:

As a rule we UK fans are a sensitive bunch.

 

Billy Packer doesn't like us.

Dick Vitale loves UNC and Duke.

John Clay.....

Pat Forde is mean....

 

Hyperbole folks. Hyperbole.

 

Her real point , regardless of how insensitive it may be, is right.

 

Shouldn't winning be the goal of any program? What am I missing here?

I think it's a foolish article. I think many people have their drawers in a wad because KY is on such a streak of winning. If we weren't winning, these whiners wouldn't be out and about. I'm happy we're winning. I like Calipari. I didn't like when we were losing. However, that's NOT why I didn't like Gilispie and wanted him out of here. He could have had the same winning streak as Cal and I would have still thought him an abusive, arrogant, womanizer..... Winning isn't everything even for a UK fan. We're passionate... we're not ignorant.

I think it's a foolish article. I think many people have their drawers in a wad because KY is on such a streak of winning. If we weren't winning, these whiners wouldn't be out and about. I'm happy we're winning. I like Calipari. I didn't like when we were losing. However, that's NOT why I didn't like Gilispie and wanted him out of here. He could have had the same winning streak as Cal and I would have still thought him an abusive, arrogant, womanizer..... Winning isn't everything even for a UK fan. We're passionate... we're not ignorant.

 

Agreed!

What if she had used Hitler?

Good point.

 

I was thinking of someone long, long dead, like Ghingis Khan. It was a poor effort at humor on her part regardless.

Shouldn't winning be the goal of any program? What am I missing here?

 

You're missing the point she was trying to make.

 

UK fans' #1, #2, and #3 priority is winning. The integrity (Bobby's word) of the head coach doesn't matter as long as he produces.

 

Most schools want a balance between winning, academics, and integrity. I have no doubt UK wants that as well.

 

UK fans????

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.