Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A Final: Fort Campbell 29 DeSales 9

Featured Replies

^I agree with everything he said....I still believe that football speed and track speed are two different things. With that said, I never said that our DBs weren't fast.

 

I will also say that the Colts racked up 77 yards in the air, one less than what the Falcons tossed the ball for, but they started way too late.

 

I love the last sentence......'check mate'!

 

Later.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Fort Campbell!

Congratulations, of course, to Fort Campbell.

 

But, I must say, that although they lost, I offer my most sincere and hearty congratulations to the DeSales Colts! This was their first trip to a State Championship since 1981! They had a great season, and have really established themselves once again with their growing success over the last few seasons! I expect we'll see great things from Coach Sanders and his Colts going forward! It's quite an accomplishment for this school who doesn't even have it's own field!

 

Absolutely. I had the pleasure of watching DeSales play Covington Holy Cross in the second round. DeSales did a great job coming past a feisty Holy Cross team and really shocked me when they beat NCC the next week. I look forward to following the Colts again next year. Keep up the good work Coach.

Coach Sander's Colts had a great season and should hold their heads high. Fort Campbell has turned into a buzzsaw in 2A and is obviously the team to beat. Unfortunately, this Colts squad was extremely Senior laden and the cupboard doesn't appear to be stocked nearly as well for the years to come. I'm sure Mark will get the most out of what he has and they will be competitive but this might have been their best chance for the big prize. Good luck to my favorite Colt, Ryan Johnson, at the next level. Sure would be nice to watch you in Cardinal Red & Black the next 4 years but whatever path opens up we will be rooting for you. :thumb:

Congrats to the Falcon Nation on an outstanding year!

Murray seemed to have paved the way for teams to attack Fort Campbell's defense with the Wildcat. Trigg County had a little success in the second round. Murray caught them off guard in the third round. Monroe County good success as well as DeSales in the final. However, none of them could pass against the Fort Campbell defense and that was the difference.

 

I think you're right, Scribe. It's why I thought Prestonsburg might have matched up better with the Falcons than anyone else in the east. A FC/P-burg Final would have been a wild one.

 

Though no one truly stopped the Blackcat passing game all year, the defensive front just wasn't big/strong enough to stop an error-free strong power game. That's what bit them against DeSales. It ended up going to who got the break in the 4th quarter...and the Colts came up big.

 

 

:bunny:

^The Falcons have a very good pass defense. Lots of speed on the corners.

 

I'm sure it would have made for a very good game.......

 

Later.

Here's a picture that my wife took of the game. This is on the final score, the 50 yard run by Troy Turner, that sealed the game for sure.

 

vimmae.jpg

 

I will post the link to the school's picture page when they're uploaded.

 

Later.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.