Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Holy Cross 54 Dayton 50

Featured Replies

Good game out of both teams. The sophomore Burger from Holy Cross had a game high with 19 points.

I am surprised Dayton didn't win this game. With the experience they have and the lack thereof that HC has its not what I expected. Congrats to the soph for HC, Burger. I know he works hard on his game in the offseason and dropping 19 in his first varsity game is great.

Good win for the Indians.

Good win for the Indians.

 

I truly don't mean any disprect by saying this about Dayton or HC but is this how far HC has dropped this year, that someone is saying that in beating Dayton by five, it was a good win?

I truly don't mean any disprect by saying this about Dayton or HC but is this how far HC has dropped this year, that someone is saying that in beating Dayton by five, it was a good win?

 

Depends on the benchmark.

 

HC lost good talent and depth. They bring back an inexperienced crew. They will not contend for the district title this season. Dayton has solid "A" talent so I'm in agreement that all things considered its a good win.

Depends on the benchmark.

 

HC lost good talent and depth. They bring back an inexperienced crew. They will not contend for the district title this season. Dayton has solid "A" talent so I'm in agreement that all things considered its a good win.

 

I understand Clyde but I can remember when HC would give any team a run for their money, no matter what their size and even to the point of playing in the Finals of the Sweet Sixteen in 1964 ( if memory serves me correctly).

I understand Clyde but I can remember when HC would give any team a run for their money, no matter what their size and even to the point of playing in the Finals of the Sweet Sixteen in 1964 ( if memory serves me correctly).

 

Showing your age.

 

1964? I was 3.

 

Young, inexperienced team in 2009.

William Grant High School in Covington had a good team in 1964 too, and if they played Dayton in a close game today I think that would be an accomplishment!

  • Author
I truly don't mean any disprect by saying this about Dayton or HC but is this how far HC has dropped this year, that someone is saying that in beating Dayton by five, it was a good win?

 

Quite frankly from what I've heard this Dayton team is a very good and experienced one with nine seniors. While Holy Cross is just the opposite returning only one full-time starter from last year.

 

(If it's any conciliation the margin of victory more like 7. Dayton hit a half-courter as time expired.)

Depends on the benchmark.

 

HC lost good talent and depth. They bring back an inexperienced crew. They will not contend for the district title this season. Dayton has solid "A" talent so I'm in agreement that all things considered its a good win.

 

I agree with this. HC is an extremely small school will have ups and downs talent and experience wise like every other school like them. I have always been impressed by their ability to compete with the big boys as well as they have. I also think this win over a solid Dayton team is a good win.

I agree with this. HC is an extremely small school will have ups and downs talent and experience wise like every other school like them. I have always been impressed by their ability to compete with the big boys as well as they have. I also think this win over a solid Dayton team is a good win.

 

I dont know what they have in the soph/Jr classes but the frosh were lacking talent tonight in the drubbing they took from Highlands. I think Erik Goetz has his work cut out for him over the next few years.

This Game was close the whole time.H.C hit 8 3's to Daytons 4. Dayton was 2 for 10 from the line while H.C was 12 for 17. Hopefully this game wakes Dayton up IMO I think this is one they should have won. took alot of bad shots that they didnt need. have to shoot better than 20% from the line. congrats to Devils J.V winning 44-42 without there big man.

Hats off to Holy Cross on the win. They are a disciplined team on both ends of the court and had a great shooting night from behind the arc and from the FT line. They got a lot of open looks from deep off of their dribble kick offense and #5 can flat out shoot the ball.

 

Dayton had a rough shooting night (especially from the FT line), but I wouldn't expect that to continue. This team has a lot of good shooters who's shots just weren't falling in this one. IMO, on an average shooting night the Greendevils win this one.

Showing your age.

 

1964? I was 3.

 

Young, inexperienced team in 2009.

Based on his screen name, I don't think he's trying to hide anything. And you better check again on that age.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.