November 29, 200916 yr Author I expected this. Kruger (Sp?) is a good coach. He is a really good coach, I agree SSF.
November 29, 200916 yr Author I thought UNLV did a good job of pressuring Louisville into tough situations. Yeah, that hurt UofL early on. UofL turned the table on them in the second half. I was impressed with the Rebs.
November 29, 200916 yr Update on Preston: Knowles had four points and played only two minutes in the second half because of a thumb injury that was to be X-rayed.
November 29, 200916 yr UNLV did a great job of making Louisville slow down the game. U of L played a solid game they just couldnt get into the up and down the floor style.
November 29, 200916 yr I didn't get to see one second of this game... :irked: Me either! :irked: The stupid "Versus" channel was cut out due to some conflict. :irked: Bunch of dip wads!
November 29, 200916 yr ^ Conflict? The signal from Versus at my apartment was coming in clear the whole game. That said, their broadcast is over-designed for HD, which Insight doesn't carry. The scoreboard was unreadable and they used a couple camera angles that cut out gameplay. The announcers weren't very good either. I'm glad that's the last we'll be on Versus this year. Hopefully never again.
November 29, 200916 yr Does anyone buy Pitino's spin of this can be a "beneficial loss"? A loss is a loss anyway you look at it.
November 29, 200916 yr ^ You lose games to good team because they expose weaknesses that may have been hidden. Having such weaknesses exposed allows you take the time during practices to correct them. I don't think those sorts of things come to the surface in a 30-point win over Appalachian State. When you play in a top conference, you don't have to win all the early games. UofL dropped some bad ones last season early, but the Big East schedule and the wins therein were enough to vault them to the No. 1 overall seed. At this point, he doesn't have to win them all. I don't know if I buy it, but it's certainly always seemed to be a part of the Pitino strategy guide.
November 29, 200916 yr ^ Conflict? The signal from Versus at my apartment was coming in clear the whole game. That said, their broadcast is over-designed for HD, which Insight doesn't carry. The scoreboard was unreadable and they used a couple camera angles that cut out gameplay. The announcers weren't very good either. I'm glad that's the last we'll be on Versus this year. Hopefully never again. Have satellite. When you went to the station it said they would not be airing the game due to a conflict they are having with Versus/Satellite provider?? :idunno:
November 29, 200916 yr Have satellite. When you went to the station it said they would not be airing the game due to a conflict they are having with Versus/Satellite provider?? :idunno: So does that mean Versus and the provider are having a contract dispute? That's pretty brutal to find out on a game day.
November 29, 200916 yr Author Have satellite. When you went to the station it said they would not be airing the game due to a conflict they are having with Versus/Satellite provider?? :idunno: So does that mean Versus and the provider are having a contract dispute? That's pretty brutal to find out on a game day. Some cable/sat. companies have cancelled VS. due to a price increase from VS. The companies that cancelled said they couldn't afford to pay the increase and didn't think it was fair to pass on to the customer. Anytime you don't get the game, you can watch it here. Not the best in the world, but better than nothing....link
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.