Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 25 polls

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both polls IMO are pretty good, but the Courier-Journal looks more accurate IMO.

Both polls IMO are pretty good, but the Courier-Journal looks more accurate IMO.

 

I agree with you about the Courier-Journal comment. :thumb:

Coachesaid looks more accurate.

Anyone else think it is odd that a kid with a full ride to a Pac 10 school is only considered the 18th best player in KY?

Anyone else think it is odd that a kid with a full ride to a Pac 10 school is only considered the 18th best player in KY?

 

I think there is still a lot of unknown about him. He did not have a very good season last year when all the guys ahead of him have proven they are capable of playing great in high school.

  • Author
Coachesaid looks more accurate.

 

Haha.

 

I don't which one is technically more accurate. I guess whichever has your team ranked better.

 

All I know is that I put the CoachesAid one together, so I know that it is accurate (has far as counting the votes). Not all the coaches took part in the survey, many claimed that they didn't feel comfortable enough ranking the top ten teams in the state. However, most were comfortable ranking their regions (which I didn't use in the CoachesAid poll).

 

Judging by the first-place votes in the other poll, the "Courier Journal" shows a much larger sample size. However, discussing this with coaches personally it is hard for me to imagine that they were able to compile so many votes. That being said, I don't know if they combined the region polls with a statewide poll.

 

Also, it isn't clear if the Courier Journal put it together or if it is the official statewide poll. If it is I don't know where to find it.

How is Guyn rated the second best player in the state, and the second best player in his region? Somewhat confusing.

How is Guyn rated the second best player in the state, and the second best player in his region? Somewhat confusing.

 

Coaches get a regional ballot and a state ballot. The 11th region coaches voted him 2nd in the region. The state coaches voted him 2nd in the state.

 

The same thing happens with teams, too.

 

Take Lou. Central for example. They are picked to be the 5th best team in the sixth region - but their picked in the top twenty in the sate. Obviously, the state coaches think higher of Central this year than do the coaches in their own region.

 

It is misleading...

All I need to see in the CoachesAid poll is that Holmes had 16 first place votes but is still way behind Scott County who they have three times as many FPV as. Leads you to ask where the rest of the coaches were ranking Holmes when they weren't ranking them first.

 

BTW, both of these polls are drinking the Bowling Green Purple Kool-Aid. They've got one player guys. I don't care how good he is, he is a single player on a team that is not all that good. He moved them from a middle of the pack team in the 4th Region to #2-3 team in the region, but 13-14 in the state? No way.

  • Author
All I need to see in the CoachesAid poll is that Holmes had 16 first place votes but is still way behind Scott County who they have three times as many FPV as. Leads you to ask where the rest of the coaches were ranking Holmes when they weren't ranking them first.

 

BTW, both of these polls are drinking the Bowling Green Purple Kool-Aid. They've got one player guys. I don't care how good he is, he is a single player on a team that is not all that good. He moved them from a middle of the pack team in the 4th Region to #2-3 team in the region, but 13-14 in the state? No way.

 

I can answer that, as the person who counted them up.

 

For whatever reason, there quite a few ballots that ranked Holmes in the bottom half of the top ten and some coaches omitted them entirely.

 

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I sent out the questionnaires I asked the coaches to rank the top ten teams in the state and not the top 25. So that being said, I don't know if the coaches who left Holmes out of the top ten thought they should be ranked somewhere 11-25.

 

However, Scott County, on the other hand, consistently received 1st, 2nd and 3rd place votes.

I can answer that, as the person who counted them up.

 

For whatever reason, there quite a few ballots that ranked Holmes in the bottom half of the top ten and some coaches omitted them entirely.

 

I don't know if it makes a difference, but when I sent out the questionnaires I asked the coaches to rank the top ten teams in the state and not the top 25. So that being said, I don't know if the coaches who left Holmes out of the top ten thought they should be ranked somewhere 11-25.

 

However, Scott County, on the other hand, consistently received 1st, 2nd and 3rd place votes.

And therein lies the problem. I know it's no fault of yours, it's the coaches, but what coach wouldn't have Holmes in the top 10? Defending state champs, couple of the best players in the state, all that stuff. I think it's criminal to even rate them in the bottom half of the top 10.

  • Author
And therein lies the problem. I know it's no fault of yours, it's the coaches, but what coach wouldn't have Holmes in the top 10? Defending state champs, couple of the best players in the state, all that stuff. I think it's criminal to even rate them in the bottom half of the top 10.

 

I wish I could tell you. However, I would probably get some angry coaches.

 

I agree though, Holmes has a great team and shouldn't be ranked outside of the top 5.

 

However, I can see debating which team should be No. 1. Scott County has a lot of talent.

I can't take any poll that doesn't have Holmes at #1 seriously. What more do they have to do? Scott may end up being better at the end of the season, but I don't think they can justify passing Holmes. JMO.

I believe the 13th region has maybe 4 teams that could later in the year crack the top 25.

 

Corbin

South

Clay

Knox Central

 

All 4 of these teams will be really strong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.