Henry County vs. Louisville Central predictions

'ol#70

Which team will win?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

• Henry County
    • Central

Down to the nitty gritty. Can the Wildcats pull off the big upset against 2 time defending 3A champ Louisville Central Friday night in their house? Western Hills tried the spoiler role and came up just short. Get on board and let's hear your thoughts.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down to the nitty gritty. Can the Wildcats pull off the big upset against 2 time defending 3A champ Louisville Central Friday night in their house? Western Hills tried the spoiler role and came up just short. Get on board and let's hear your thoughts.

Central looked very human in this one. Hills could have won this game, went for 2 while they had a 7 point lead, dropped a td in the end zone and had Curry matched up on a speedy Robinson at the end. Those were key plays, that hurt them along the way. Central played without King and Patterson both out for the season. So to answer the question yes-they are beatable. The one dominant part of their game was their ability to run the option.

Central's speed is nothing like Henry County (or most other 3A schools) have faced. If Wales (#2) for Central gets to the corner he is VERY hard to stop. Not sure if Henry County can stop the option and sweep enough. Central can be run against, and Henry County has the ability to run the ball between the tackles. If Henry County can keep the ball for long drives and score points, then they could pull off the upset. I think that Western Hills played the game they needed to pull off the upset (a few mistakes by Hills, but still the type of game they needed) and still came up short. The Hills game was a wake up call for Central (that a county school can beat them), and Central comes out ready to play. If Central gets ahead by 2 TDs early, then a LONG night for Henry County. Central win 42-14.

I agree with you Skilld-Kid, I think Henry will keep it close, in fact I think they will win. I have not read in this form or any others where Central throws the football relying only on the sweep and option, sounds like they are one dimensional team. I'am sure Coach Ledford will have the Defense ready for the sweep and option. Henry gives up very little yards if any up the middle, so thats out. If Henry contains the sweep and option could be a long night for Central, I think they will. I'am sure Henry remembers last year and that makes them very, very dangerous. Henry 28 - Central 14

I have been watching this Central team all season. They might not be as good as years past but, for this team to lose the players they lost and play the teams they've played there's one thing for sure and that is they know how to fight for the W. If Henry Co. is as tough as people say and if they think there going to stroll into the hive and stop the running game then they are sadly mistaken. They may give the Jackets all they what and then some but you have to play for 48 minutes and that excatly what this Central team does. I've seen them get beat by some real good teams and those teams were surprised at how fast and hard this teams plays. So good luck to both teams and may the best team win.

Don't be mislead by thinking Central is just a one dimensional team, they can and did throw the ball against Hills with some success, now grant you Central will run the ball 90% of the time. I think the key to HC winning this game is keep the ball on the ground and control the clock. Keep the ball on the ground and pound it between the tackles. HC will need to limit the number of opportunities Central hs at scoring by keeping their offense on the field, because if you give them the ball they will score.

Still not ready to make my pick.

Henry does not have enough speed to even stay in this game, I don't think they will have any answers on defense for Central. Central could also have some problems with Henry's passing game. Best of luck to both teams.

My pick: Central 42 Henry 21

:dancingpa