Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Past Game Films

Featured Replies

Has anyone ever ever started a thread to set up film swapping amongst fans & alumni from different programs?

 

I've gotta say, it's one of my bigger regrets that I didn't ever keep copies of the game films from my days with Cov Cath, and I'd pay an awful lot - more specifically, whatever it would cost to mail tapes/DVD-R's to anybody who could duplicate a copy for me - to get my hands on them.

 

Anybody interest in setting up a "trade forum"?

  • Replies 162
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Jason Bucklen
    Jason Bucklen

    I miss watching Don Weber’s show every week. I know After every game on Friday we would rush home to see the highlights.  

  • TEDFROMVILLAHILLS
    TEDFROMVILLAHILLS

    Cool film clips. Wes Caldwell from LexCath is now AD at Highlands

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    LOL at the CovCath fan at 9:19 voicing his displeasure at the flag.

Posted Images

I would be up for it. Maybe trade one film per month, or what were thinking? Just snowballing here: we could line two people up per month and they could exchange as many films as they want. Or we could just trade one film per month. Or we could just list whoever is interested and let each member get in touch with who ever they wanted to trade with. But, it could get somewhat expensive if we do more then one person per month.

How would coach's feel about this?

Coaches? We don't need no stinking coaches.

 

I don't think they would mind, the films are out there. Plus, this will be after the season is over and teams change from year to year. I wouldn't think many coaches would care. Heck, I have some game films of other teams now, if there is one thing Hollywood has taught us, it is: there is always a copy of the film.

  • Author
How would coach's feel about this?

 

I've never heard coaches make much of a stink about other teams passing films off to one another - generally it's a pretty much accepted practice as far as I know. I don't see why, then, they would have much concern for fans and alumni passing them around...particularly from years, players, and coaches past. :idunno:

I've never heard coaches make much of a stink about other teams passing films off to one another - generally it's a pretty much accepted practice as far as I know. I don't see why, then, they would have much concern for fans and alumni passing them around...particularly from years, players, and coaches past. :idunno:

 

 

Teams exchange their last 2 games with each other.

 

Some coach's give some film to some and not others it depends on who their buddy is, and it can and does cause issues or should I say tension.

Has anyone ever ever started a thread to set up film swapping amongst fans & alumni from different programs?

 

I've gotta say, it's one of my bigger regrets that I didn't ever keep copies of the game films from my days with Cov Cath, and I'd pay an awful lot - more specifically, whatever it would cost to mail tapes/DVD-R's to anybody who could duplicate a copy for me - to get my hands on them.

 

Anybody interest in setting up a "trade forum"?

 

Can you still find 16MM projectors?

Can you still find 16MM projectors?

 

Not sure if there are any out there or not but you can take the film to a "Mom and Pop" video/camera shop and they will put them on DVDs for you. I know that our kids get copies for film study the week of the game and previous game film if they want a copy; I would guess that it would be the same at most schools. I would be happy to dig into it further and find out what our staff's stance is on it but I can't imagine it would be a problem.

I am always looking to get game film of current and older games. I can see where maybe a team would get a little up tight about recent film. But honestly how many of us would like to have tape of some of the great Highlands teams, Couch, Alexander, Brohm (any of them), or just classic games. It is a shame nothing has been done to help save the sports history film wise in the state. I would love to have games of when I played and just of things like I mentioned.

We have some video up on our site currently from a handful of games that we had our video guy for. PM me and I'll send you the site for these.

We had this converstion a few years ago and I realized I had a JV game from 1980 where I had played against David Buchanan's Mercer County team. I made a copy of the tape and sent it to him.

 

It was fun to do so but both he and I have to now be careful how we exaggerate our football abilities from that time since the truth is out there.:sssh:

 

I am still looking for Lincoln County at Owen County film from 1982 if anybody has that. That has proof of my d-lineman pick 6.

  • Author

What are the chances that one of the Colonel or Bluebird faithful on here has a copy of the 1997 Mud Bowl floating around? My copy has gone missing, and I happen to have someone who thinks they can convert it over to DVD format...

What are the chances that one of the Colonel or Bluebird faithful on here has a copy of the 1997 Mud Bowl floating around? My copy has gone missing, and I happen to have someone who thinks they can convert it over to DVD format...

I think they were all set on fire:lol:

  • Author
I think they were all set on fire:lol:

 

Come on, Malachi, don't be bitter :D Besides, I think you guys have quite enough Cov Cath/Highlands films to watch and smile.

  • Author
What are the chances that one of the Colonel or Bluebird faithful on here has a copy of the 1997 Mud Bowl floating around? My copy has gone missing, and I happen to have someone who thinks they can convert it over to DVD format...

 

Just picked up my brand new DVD of the Mud Bowl. Alright...now who wants to watch tonight?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.