Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elizabethtown @ Henry County Predictions

Who wins this game? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Elizabethtown
      34%
    • Henry County
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Any thoughts on this game.

Henry Co. by 14. :ylsuper:

Elizabethtown has been putting up some points on dry fields in the second half of the season, if the Panthers can get that defense playing off balance it could be a tough one for the Wildcats on that side of the ball, the HC boys. I do think that this is a game that the HC offense will be able to put up some points though.

Western Hills folks not giving any love to HC?

 

Are you kiddin. :lol: They would never do that.

Saw Etown this past week and came away impressed by several things. The Allen kid can fly (if the Panthers can cut down on the holding calls, he might actually rush for 100 yards!). The Todd kid at QB has matured greatly - he's just a sophomore - and they play-calling plays to his strengths and level of experience.

 

The level of improvement made by Etown this year has been impressive. Kudos to coach Todd.

 

The Panthers are hard to tackle on offense, and run the screens very, very well. Sublett is tough on both sides of the ball, as a runner, receiver, and defender. Mitchell Henry (WR) will be a tough matchup at 6'5" for the Henry defense - it's just hard to keep it out of his hands.

 

Give Etown a speed advantage.

 

North Oldham held Etown down for three quarters last week (North led, 21-17, after 3Q), but the Panthers were unstoppable in the fourth.

 

Henry, however, is a veteran club. They know what they're doing and are exceedingly well-coached. Magness is an old hand at QB, and Timblerlake is a game-breaker. The defense is disciplined and has been very impressive at times. I was especially impressed when Henry played North Oldham and passed and ran successfully despite horrid field conditions and a driving downpour.

 

This should be a FUN game for the fans. If you're looking for a great game to go to, this will likely be a good one.

 

The difference in this one, I think, will be Henry's defense. They'll be challenged, but I think the Wildcats rise up to the challenge.

 

Henry County 35, Elizabethtown 24

E-town 27-20.

Both teams are discipline, they both run similar up-tempo offenses, and both want to score a lot of points. I like Henry Co. upfront they get off the ball very well but Etown might neutralize that with the screens they run. I don't believe Etown will be able to run much except maybe to the outside it's very hard to run up the middle. Todd is an exceptional quarterback with Henry, Sublett and no. 14 not sure of the name to throw too. Mitchell Henry's speed looks deceiving on camera but sure does run the corner and mesh routes very well. Sublett is fast on both sides like someone said and is very good ballplayer. Etown does play alot of players on both sides of the ball, with Henry Co. playing up-tempo with their no huddle it might wear on Etown a little bit, I'm not sure. Henry Co. is a very good football team, no. 11 is a freaking stud and Magness? the quarterback is just as tough. I like Henry by 2 TDs they can beat you with the pass and run and play hard nose defense.

 

Henry Co. 28

Etown 14

Henry County 28

 

E-town 20

 

Defense wins out in the end. I give that edge to Henry Co.

Sound's like Henry is going to need to pressure the QB to win. I think they can.

Sound's like Henry is going to need to pressure the QB to win. I think they can.

 

I still think Henry wins, but pressuring Kyle Todd is no easy task due to the tremendous number of screens Etown runs. However, I agree that getting some pressure on him is going to be important.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.