Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johnson Central 62 Scott 41

Featured Replies

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misprint??

Not a misprint at all. Scott hung with them the whole way. Sowder had a HUGE night.

Not a misprint at all. Scott hung with them the whole way. Sowder had a HUGE night.

 

That's awesome. It sucks they lost, but they should be able to walk off the fields with their heads held high.

Not a misprint at all. Scott hung with them the whole way. Sowder had a HUGE night.

 

JC had a 3 to 4 touch down lead the whole game it was 41-14 at the half. JC could have scored a 100 if they wanted to.

That's awesome. It sucks they lost, but they should be able to walk off the fields with their heads held high.

 

I completely agree. I think this might give some of the returning players some confidence going into next year. They go 0-3 in district but then take it to the #1 team of another. I think this just shows how tough this district is for Scott to do what they did to Johnson Central. I think Scott could have alot of success if they were re-aligned to another district. Great game Eagles, keep your heads up. What a way to end your season!

JC had a 3 to 4 touch down lead the whole game it was 41-14 at the half. JC could have scored a 100 if they wanted to.

 

So whats the excuse for Johnson Central's defense?

Congratulations to Johnson Central.

So whats the excuse for Johnson Central's defense?

 

The excuse is called resting players. Its not how mch you win by. This time of season is about a W or L. W you play on L you go home. You don't want to get anyone hurt. I was at the game and JC could have scored at anytime they wanted. On another note Sowder is a very good hard nosed player.

JC had a 3 to 4 touch down lead the whole game it was 41-14 at the half. JC could have scored a 100 if they wanted to.

 

This is true.

 

Central re-discovered the fumble bug in the 2nd half and turned a boring run-away into something a tad more interesting. Scott played hard until the final horn.

 

Sowder (sp?) had a LOT of yards. I think the announcers said he carried the ball 41 times !!

 

Central with >500 yds of offense, and Scott had ~300 yds.

The excuse is called resting players. Its not how mch you win by. This time of season is about a W or L. W you play on L you go home. You don't want to get anyone hurt. I was at the game and JC could have scored at anytime they wanted. On another note Sowder is a very good hard nosed player.

 

Sowder is an outstanding player. Glad to see he had a good night.

Edited by colonel-fan

I don't think I've heard of a high school back getting so many carries. Mr. Sowder gets my vote for "Iron Man" player of the night...

I came away very impressed with Sowder last week. I wonder how he can even move on Saturday morning, he takes some serious punishment. How many starters does Scott return? They have at least 20 seniors.

I came away very impressed with Sowder last week. I wonder how he can even move on Saturday morning, he takes some serious punishment. How many starters does Scott return? They have at least 20 seniors.

 

Not alot because they graduate alot of players this year from both sides of the ball. Next year could be a rough year for the Eagles as they don't really have any juniors on this team but rather a large number of sophomores (because of the lack of juniors, they brought up the sophomores and thus didn't have a JV team as a result).

Zack Sowder IS Scott Eagle football.

 

He can play for any team in the state.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.