Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most anticipated player in UK history?

Most anticipated freshman @ UK 85 members have voted

  1. 1. Most anticipated freshman @ UK

    • John Wall
      68%
      58
    • Rex Chapman
      27%
      23
    • Ron Mercer
      4%
      4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Sam Bowie

Yea I think Big Boo or Derrik Hord were the biggest I can remember besides the three on the poll.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rod Rhodes was also highly sought after and anticipated, although things didn't work out exactly as planned. I thought Pitino gave this kid a raw deal.

 

I get made fun of at work because I feel the exact same way. I am Roderick Rhodes' biggest fan.

I go all the way back to all these fellows and it was King Rex and he had little supporting cast coming in compared to Wall. Went pro after his soph year when probation hit. I remember a sports illustrated article on him in the 80s and his verticle leap. Wall is up there but we had to have Rex and he was from Ky. Can anyone forget the dunking contest where Felton Spencer from the Ville set in a chair at 7'2" and let Rex dunk over him. Wow.

King Rex

Rexington, KY

The Young and the Rexless

IREX

The Boy Wonder

 

Only the internet and mass media make Wall more anticipated IMO.

 

100% agree with you.

 

There are many facets to hype. 75% of UK fans had never witnessed King Rex in high school. They had only heard the stories. There were no Youtube clips like there are for Wall. There were no recruiting companies (only geeky guys).

 

They hype for Rex was much different than what you get today .

 

If Bowie was on the list I'd go with him.

Rex Chapman. I had the previledge of knowing him and his friend Greg Baughn at Apollo and I was very excited to see him play.

100% agree with you.

 

There are many facets to hype. 75% of UK fans had never witnessed King Rex in high school. They had only heard the stories. There were no Youtube clips like there are for Wall. There were no recruiting companies (only geeky guys).

 

They hype for Rex was much different than what you get today .

 

If Bowie was on the list I'd go with him.

 

I'm from SEKY and we drove up to Lexington to watch him drop 45 on Sean Sutton when I was an 8th Grader. As I set at my desk working right now, a framed Chapman UK jersey hangs on the wall behind me.

I get made fun of at work because I feel the exact same way. I am Roderick Rhodes' biggest fan.

 

Get in line...I've always said I was his biggest fan. Ha ha. :thumb:

I'm from SEKY and we drove up to Lexington to watch him drop 45 on Sean Sutton when I was an 8th Grader. As I set at my desk working right now, a framed Chapman UK jersey hangs on the wall behind me.

 

WKYT carried that game, correct?

WKYT carried that game, correct?

 

Yep. His last shot was money. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.