Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Collaros or Pike????

Collaros or Pike? 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Collaros or Pike?

    • Collaros
      36%
      14
    • Pike
      63%
      24

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Which QB would you take if both were healthy?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the way Zach Collaros plays.

 

He is a winner!

  • Author
I love the way Zach Collaros plays.

 

He is a winner!

 

I do too. He just gets it done..:thumb:

Pike without question, but the future looks very bright with Zach going forward...

  • Author
Pike without question, but the future look very bright with Zach going forward...

 

Why without quesstion??

Hard to choose without more information.

Are you talking about to just finish this season? If that is the question, than Pike.

  • Author

I just think Collaros is better suited for this offense.

Why without quesstion??

Because at this point Tony is the better all around QB. Sure they can give some different looks because Zach can run the ball, but his arm isn't nearly as strong and it limits the number of routes available all over the field...

I just think Collaros is better suited for this offense.

 

Based on what? Pike was as efficient as anyone in the country before the injury...

  • Author
Based on what? Pike was as efficient as anyone in the country before the injury...

 

He can run or pass.. I think Pike would be easier to game plan for. Pike is definately a better pro prospect though..JMO

I think we all get caught up in evaluating high school kids as to how they will play in college, and college kids as far as what kind of professional player they will be.

 

Tony Pike is certainly a better pro prospect than Zach Collaros. The height issue plays a major factor in this comparison.

 

I will say, I think when Zach Collaros has as many games under his belt in the Brian Kelly system as Tony Pike has had, he will be a joy to watch execute the Cincinnati offense. He gives it many dimensions......more than Tony Pike could.

 

Zach Collaros will have an outstanding college career in Clifton!

I love what Collaros brings to the table, the program is in good hands. I take Pike, like GT stated he was as good as anyone in the country prior to the injury.

I think we all get caught up in evaluating high school kids as to how they will play in college, and college kids as far as what kind of professional player they will be.

 

Tony Pike is certainly a better pro prospect than Zach Collaros. The height issue plays a major factor in this comparison.

 

I will say, I think when Zach Collaros has as many games under his belt in the Brian Kelly system as Tony Pike has had, he will be a joy to watch execute the Cincinnati offense. He gives it many dimensions......more than Tony Pike could.

 

Zach Collaros will have an outstanding college career in Clifton!

 

I'm not taking anything at all away from how Zach has played, and I fully understand the different element he adds to the offense. Problem is you can't simply add games of experience to get him where Pike is right now in the system. That and there is no question that Pike has the much stronger arm, and adds demensions in the passing game that Zach simply can't execute right now.

 

I fully agree that Zach is going to have a fantastic career at UC going forward...

Collaros gives them a better shot at success in the future. If I needed a game this year, I'd rather have Pike, though they may be better served to have Collaros if they end up playing an SEC team or USC in the bowl because of his athleticism. Obviously, either one is good. More importantly, Kelly always does a great job playing to his QB's strengths.

I'm not taking anything at all away from how Zach has played, and I fully understand the different element he adds to the offense. Problem is you can't simply add games of experience to get him where Pike is right now in the system. That and there is no question that Pike has the much stronger arm, and adds demensions in the passing game that Zach simply can't execute right now.

 

I fully agree that Zach is going to have a fantastic career at UC going forward...

 

Yeah but you could argue a mobile QB is better in college. The big arm makes a difference on Sundays. It is tough to say, I do agree Pike has the experience but Zach makes the D-Coords prepare for yet one more thing...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.