Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls on the field

Featured Replies

Mason Co had 2 female kickers last year. They were twins, one kicked extra points and the other handled kickoffs.

I think that if a girl can kick well, there is a niche there for a girl to play. I can think of two reasons that I wouldn't want my daughter to play football unless they made shoulder pads with protective devices like boys have with their cups. I do know of a girl playing little league football nearby, and she is definitely mean enough and stout enough to play with the kids in the sixth grade. Her dad gave in to her begging his permission, and she is good kid and tough little player. But, when she develops, I wonder if she will continue.

:idunno:

Greenup has had girls on some of our JFL teams over the years. Destiny Jones was an excellent player for Wurtland. I believe she stopped playing in 6th grade.

Becky Abner, a former Miss Softball in Kentucky and All American in HS, played football until she hit middle school. She was actually one of the best QBs in the little league system at that time. However, as the Queen of Intimidation on the mound, .... this same very tough girl (the most intimidating HS softball pitcher I have ever seen), she hit the age where she didn't want to put her hands under center anymore and stopped playing.

 

My daughter is still mad at me that I wouldn't let her play. In middle school, the football coach told me that she was tougher and meaner than most of his boys. But by the time she hit high school this year, that had changed. I am glad I treated my little girl like a little girl. I don't mean to sound sexist, but I really didn't want her playing football. And I LOVE football more than any game God ever allowed mankind to create.

I'm pretty sure Moore has a girl who plays and stars at center.

Conner High School had a PK by the name of Olivia Brock who kicked PAT for them a couple of year ago.

I don't know. I've seen some female shot-putters who could probably beat me up. And I ain't no small boy.

 

You can always find one in a million. Girls seem to be able to play with the boys through JFL. Then things change!!

Colorado had a kicker for a few years. Look what happened. Coaches lost jobs. Players and coaches went to court. It almost killed the program for years. :cry:

 

Yeah that was all on the female kicker wasn't it. Not that she was on a team with a bunch of morons.

 

I've told this story before. We had a girl kick for us. In one game she was named homecoming queen at halftime, did a great pooch kickoff we recovered and kicked an extra point. She also sang wind beneath my wings at graduation that would bring tears to your eyes. She ended up playing goalie at Centre College. One of my favorite people of all time.

Yeah that was all on the female kicker wasn't it. Not that she was on a team with a bunch of morons.

 

I've told this story before. We had a girl kick for us. In one game she was named homecoming queen at halftime, did a great pooch kickoff we recovered and kicked an extra point. She also sang wind beneath my wings at graduation that would bring tears to your eyes. She ended up playing goalie at Centre College. One of my favorite people of all time.

 

One of my least favorite songs of all time. :puke:

 

(No offense intended, pigman.)

^ That's all you got out of that excellent post?

^ That's all you got out of that excellent post?

 

No, that's not all I got out of it. :thumb: ...but it does begin to explain how much I REALLY don't like that song.

You must really hate it. She is such a fine young lady.

Western Hills has a female kicker on the team this season and had one just a few years back as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.