Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 38 Holy Cross 21

Featured Replies

I picked HC to win, and I should have known better. NCC may be 3-5 but they are battle tested. Kelly and Hightchew put up some nice numbers tonight. Is NCC's district only a three teamer?

Based on BW's ability to ram the ball down HC's throats I figured NCC's two runners would have a big night. They did. NCC won easily.

 

Complete armchair coaching to follow:

 

Why did HC not go for 2 when they scored a TD to make the score 38 - 20 with 5+ minutes left? You need to get to within 16.

 

Why did they not onside kick when all night they've proven that they are unable to stop NCC's running game?

 

Seemed like the towel was thrown in.

Hightchew 217 yards

Kelly 159 yards

 

I didnt know (but I shouldn't be surprised) that they are cousins.

I picked HC to win, and I should have known better. NCC may be 3-5 but they are battle tested. Kelly and Hightchew put up some nice numbers tonight. Is NCC's district only a three teamer?

 

NCC, Holy Cross, Newport and Lloyd.

  • Author

I thought HC had a chance to win this game. NCC is still number one in NKY 2A. Nice win.

Based on BW's ability to ram the ball down HC's throats I figured NCC's two runners would have a big night. They did. NCC won easily.

 

Complete armchair coaching to follow:

 

Why did HC not go for 2 when they scored a TD to make the score 38 - 20 with 5+ minutes left? You need to get to within 16.

 

Why did they not onside kick when all night they've proven that they are unable to stop NCC's running game?

 

Seemed like the towel was thrown in.

 

Or go for a two point conversion? HC scored with around 5 minutes to go and was down by 18. They elected to kick the extra point to go down by 17. That seemed like a no brainer to me, I guess the towel had been thrown in. Then after the score, they decided to kickoff, instead of the onsides kick. I don't get it.

Or go for a two point conversion? HC scored with around 5 minutes to go and was down by 18. They elected to kick the extra point to go down by 17. That seemed like a no brainer to me, I guess the towel had been thrown in. Then after the score, they decided to kickoff, instead of the onsides kick. I don't get it.

 

Those four words..."I don't get it"...are used quite frequently when discussing HC football:

 

Arlinghaus experiment did not work last night, yet it took almost 2 quarters to figure that out..."I don't get it".

 

Team plays with absolutely no emotion in their "supposed" biggest rivalry game..."I don't get it".

 

Team has 3 receivers 6'3" and over, yet they absolutely refuse to throw the ball deep and take advantage of size mismatches with 5'9" DB's..."I don't get it".

 

So you have just summarized HC football with four simple words.

Very nice article in the Enquirer this morning. Number one story on the front of the sports page. I am waiting to see how R4ON is going to explain that.

Those four words..."I don't get it"...are used quite frequently when discussing HC football:

 

Arlinghaus experiment did not work last night, yet it took almost 2 quarters to figure that out..."I don't get it".

 

Team plays with absolutely no emotion in their "supposed" biggest rivalry game..."I don't get it".

 

Team has 3 receivers 6'3" and over, yet they absolutely refuse to throw the ball deep and take advantage of size mismatches with 5'9" DB's..."I don't get it".

 

So you have just summarized HC football with four simple words.

As a neutral observer I think maybe HC didn't do any of the things mentioned because frankly the game was over, and this wasn't the game that really counts. The next one, if there is one, will be in the playoffs and that is the important one. I think HC didn't want to show anything after the game was decided. You noticed NCC did nothing different after they got the lead either. I would guarantee they will have some new twists when, and if, they meet again. JMO.

Wasnt very impressed with HC. I thought they would make a much better game of it than they did.

Congrats to the 'breds on this much needed win. They'll be straight headin' into the playoffs, I see them making a good run at a return trip to the title game.

 

Later.

Who looked good for the breds?

Congratulations to the 8 senior Breds on their last regular season home game. It's been a pleasure watching you grow as football players and fine young men. Keep the momentum you've started heading to the playoffs.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.