Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2010 Recruiting Update

Featured Replies

Who do you think we will get?

 

Others on here on more informed than myself, but I think we will get one of the three out of Knight, Selby, and Lamb. Then I think we get Leslie, the high school teammate of John Wall.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we get Knight, he has always liked UK. Leslie I think is just keeping his options open but in the long run will be a Cat. Shelby and Jones I don't know what they will do, I see Jones going to Oregon from what I have read.

Its going to be crunch time in the spring.

 

Cal has most of his chips all in on certain guys. Most of the quality plan B's are off the board so its big or bust.

 

Knight/Selby - I do believe we will get one, more than likely not both. Cal has became the PG's coach, and Wall is almost a given to opt for the draft, and these two know this. They will also see Wall and Bledsoe both getting the back court minutes this year so that will take away concerns about Bledsoe.

 

Doron Lamb - Now that Cal has invested the interest he has wanted him to have, Lamb I think will be a guy we have a great shot with.

 

CJ Leslie - I'm telling people that NC State is a bigger player in this than what people think. He had committed to them once already, and he has a lot of friends there, has some friends going, and it is his hometown school. He dodged many UK visits before we finally got him on campus, which is huge. Him and Wall are still very close, but Wall more than likely won't be there to play with him. However, at the end of the day, and since we didn't come away with Harris, I think Cal gets Leslie. He would be so explosive in this offense, and Leslie fits a Calipari four man more than anyone we have on the roster. He had Orton would make a great combo in the DDM. Calipari's teams traditionally don't play with as much depth and size in the post like we have this year, but when you have all those big weapons you got to use them.

 

Terrence Jones - Another huge get if we can get him. Like Leslie fits the Calipari four position better than what we got right now. His game is further along and more polished than Leslie, and he is almost just as athletic, which means they are bother Rick James superfreaks. All the big time west coast observers are saying he wants to stay out on the coast and closed to home which points to Oregon and Washington. BUT, from all accounts he really enjoyed his UK visit, loves the offense and how he would fit into the offense, and he really likes Calipari. Will come down to a if he is willing to get away from home type of deal at the end. I will never give up on John Calipari, but chances are against UK right now to get Jones, although there is still a decent chance.

 

In a way I think this will work out in the long run better for UK anyway. With so many top guys high on UK (Harris, Payne, etc.) it would have been hard not to want them or not want their commitment. However, truth be told 2011' is going to be the Class for Calipari. Not only are there so many top guys high on UK, there are so many "elite" guys high on Kentucky. Depending on how many we bring on scholarship this year it would have effected who we landed next year. With Gilchrist, and Quincy Miller both being very very high on UK, and being very gettable prospects, it would be nice to have a couple more scholly's to have in case we also pull a Teague, a Christmas, or someone of that nature. The 2011' class is much deeper in elite talent when compared to this class IMO.

 

 

So when its all said and done I think we have a fine class this year. Get a couple solid 2-3 year guys who will be able to contribute right away, and be able to stick around. Get guys that feel needs and go well with the Offense. Then potentially get another star frontman. Then you are set up perfect for next recruiting season being you have saved enough Scholarship offers to bag a couple more superstar one and done types to blend with the 2-3 year guys you just got.

 

 

 

 

My two cents on the recruiting situation as of right now.

If our class consists of Knight, Leslie, and Poole, I think it will be a successful class. We will still have open scholarships, and I'm thinking Cal has a player under his sleeve that we don't know about such as a JUCO player. So in that case, Knight, Leslie, Poole, and maybe another player from a JUCO would definitely be a successful class.

If our class consists of Knight, Leslie, and Poole, I think it will be a successful class. We will still have open scholarships, and I'm thinking Cal has a player under his sleeve that we don't know about such as a JUCO player. So in that case, Knight, Leslie, Poole, and maybe another player from a JUCO would definitely be a successful class.

 

No question about that. Especially if instead of a guy out of the top 50 or a JUCO you end up with Doron Lamb.

 

Selby/Knight

Lamb

Poole

Leslie

 

Is an excellent class, fills needs, will blend nicely with the team that will still be in place, saves a scholly for next year, get some 2-3 year type players. It also would more than likely be the number one class again.

 

Just by predicting the final Rivals outcome, its looking like the class above would have four top thirty players. 3 guys who are five stars, then one four star. You get either a number one or number two point guard, and more than likely either a number one overall or a number 6 overall type. Get a top 10 potential type, a twenty to mid twenties type, and a top thirty.

 

 

That's a class I would certainly take next year.

Unless we miss big and don't land Selby, Knight, Jones, Lamb and Leslie, I don't see us taking JUCO's or other types. If we miss on all then maybe take one or two, but Cal will for sure hold as many scholly's as he can for the 2011' class.

 

I honestly believe we will get at least two or three of the guys mentioned above though and it will be a great class. 2011 will then be even better.

UK is great, again. C Cal will take care of business. There are alot of recruiting changes, he is dealing with...UK is rebuilding? Who knows who will be there next year? UK has soooo many questionable chances for a National Championship this year? Some of the programs, (some) represented by fans on BGP, have begun the "BLAST UK" program as a defense mechanism, and I love it. They feel threatened as they should. Their college basketball dreams all hinge on what UK does, some things never change and NEVER WILL!!!

The vibe on Knight is not a good one....

Uk will have to go the JUCO route if we are short handed, like I think we will be, without a few more recruits.

The vibe on Knight is not a good one....

 

Can you explain?

Can you explain?

 

Lot of people down in Florida keep talking about how much Knight loves Donovan and the Gators. Something I read today went to the tune of "There is nothing Brandon Knight doesn't like about Florida."

 

At the end of the day its hard to count out Calipari on a PG, but if I were betting on who ends up at UK Knight or Selby, as of right now its looking like Selby.

^Which is totally fine as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.