Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2010 Recruiting Update

Featured Replies

Looks like UK will get Poole tomorrow and lose Lamb. The Cats are also looking pretty good on Knight and Payne:

 

 

Jerry Meyer of Rivals.com stated on Sirius radio this morning that Stacey Poole is all but committed to Kentucky. I fully expect Poole to announce Kentucky as his school of choice during his ESPNU press conference tomorrow afternoon.

 

Meyer also added that Kentucky seems to be leading for Brandon Knight, the overall top-rated player in the 2010 Class.

 

Additionally, he thinks the top two schools for Adreian Payne are Kentucky and West Virginia.

 

ZagsBlog.com is reporting that Doron Lamb may be leaning towards either Kansas or Oklahoma, with Kentucky sitting in third. This may explain the committment, uh, I mean the possible committment from Poole tomorrow.

 

Source: Rivalsradio.Rivals.com

 

Article: by Wireman

  • Replies 66
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Payne could end up being a very important commitment. We will be losing Stephenson and almost definitly Patterson and quite possibly Cousins. That would leave Orton and Harrelson. So we really need a big man in this class.

 

I would take a class of:

 

Knight

Poole

Payne

Leslie

In-state kid to be named later.

(A little wishful thinking. I like seeing in-state kids succeed at UK).

  • Author

There is also still a shot at landing Kyrie Irving and Tobias Harris :thumb:

There is also still a shot at landing Kyrie Irving and Tobias Harris :thumb:

 

I forgot about Harris. I would assume that if we get Knight, Selby, or Irving, we won't get either of the other 2.

  • Author

You never know with Calipari...

  • Author

Cal did say in an interview a few days ago that he is looking to add 5 players for 2010.

Cal did say in an interview a few days ago that he is looking to add 5 players for 2010.

 

I read that too, but obviously that will depend on who leaves after this year.

 

If we get Knight, I'll be happy. It looks like we'll get Poole, who'll be better than Ramon Harris (who is graduating.)

 

I'd like to get Payne (or another big guy) who we can bring in and develop for a year before he is asked to contribute in a major way. I expect Orton to be here next year (although he's stated he'll go to the NBA if he gets the opportunity) and Cousins is likely to leave.

 

I don't think Harrellson can cut it down low as the primary big guy, so that gives us a pressing need for an athletic big man to play alongside Orton.

You bring in any of those 3 with the experience of Bledsoe and Miller along with Orton and we'd have another great lineup.

  • Author

I look for Cal to bring in a top 5 class every season. I expect him to land Poole, Knight, Payne and then 1-2 from Leslie, Harris, or Irving.

I read where MM said that Tobias Harris will be attending BBM.

  • Author
I read where MM said that Tobias Harris will be attending BBM.

 

I think I read that somewhere, as well :thumb:

How many player's will not be coming back next year? I think big Cuz, Patterson, Wall and three seniors will be gone. Right now we have one that has signed to play in Poole. A lot of the top players have signed with other school. Who all is on Cal's wish list.

How many player's will not be coming back next year? I think big Cuz, Patterson, Wall and three seniors will be gone. Right now we have one that has signed to play in Poole. A lot of the top players have signed with other school. Who all is on Cal's wish list.

 

Brandon Knight, Josh Selby, Doron Lamb, CJ Leslie, and Terrance Jones. I those are the only targets that Cal has left rated in the top 25.

Brandon Knight, Josh Selby, Doron Lamb, CJ Leslie, and Terrance Jones. I those are the only targets that Cal has left rated in the top 25.

 

I think your right.

Brandon Knight, Josh Selby, Doron Lamb, CJ Leslie, and Terrance Jones. I those are the only targets that Cal has left rated in the top 25.

 

Who do you think we will get?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.