Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. X v. Highlands...Where are you watching it?

Featured Replies

Since it is going to be very tough to get tickets to this, where is everyone watching this at? If you are a Highlands fan, Beef O' Brady's in Newport (franchised and operated by WR John Drennan's brother) will be showing the game. Any of the local Ft. Thomas establishments will be sure to be showing it. Or will you be staying home?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I wasn't going to the game, I'd be at Beef O' Bradys. Been impressed with the grub every time I've been there. And it's smoke free too!

If I wasn't going to the game, I'd be at Beef O' Bradys. Been impressed with the grub every time I've been there. And it's smoke free too!

 

Ditto to that!

 

Hope to be on about the 50 though.

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.

 

Wow, that upset over $5.:idunno:

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.
Is a coach pass for every sport? That could be alot of extra people not figured into the amount of tickets sold. I buy a ticket and don't get in because every basketball,baseball,golf,tennis,track,and whatever coach decides they want to go to this game. Just maybe thats what Dale was thinking.

Not the point, this is a state pass and if you did it to him he would have a tessie, I will be watching the game at Beff O Bradys anyway.

You do make a good point if it is sold out and someone else could not get in.

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.

 

Sorry, but Dale made it very clear that the ticket situation is set up for LOYAL Highlands fans. He wanted to make sure that the people that come support the team each week are rewarded with the same chance to get in the game. Brother, there are Highlands people that have bought Bluebird passes that are still not gaurenteed(SP) to get into the game. It might backfire next year when they are trying to sell the pass.:idunno:

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.

 

The coach pass from the state is not guaranteed admission to a venue, from what I understand. I know someone on the KHSAA Board of Control and his pass doesn't guarantee admission to a venue. The language on the pass requests that the Board of Control member be given admission. Nothing more and no guarantee. A Board of Control member had asked me to ask if Highlands would accept the Board of Control pass and I was told they wouldn't. So if they aren't going to accept a Board of Control pass, I'm not surprised that they don't accept a coach's pass.

 

The school and the fire marshall are very, very concerned about maximum capacity. If you've been to Highlands stadium, you surely understand those concerns. Ingress and egress is rather channeled and narrow. Rather than having counters at each entrance, they are limiting the number of tickets available so that it's impossible to exceed the maximum capacity. It may only be 20 or 30 like you claim, but it could be more given the matchup. Rather than dealing with the unknown, they are going with the known. They are assuming that all having a season pass will attend. A couple of school fundraising activities that provide tickets to the game have been required to give an accurate count of the number of tickets being used.

 

Again, the school and the fire marshall are taking the maximum attendance issue very, very seriously. The last thing any one needs is for there to be some issue that arises and for the maximum capacity to be greatly exceeded.

 

You may not agree with that thinking and you may decide to take the retribution approach you've set forth, but I think the school's approach is very logical and defendable.

Hopefully, right next to LN and Henry talking about the JV boys.

Hopefully, right next to LN and Henry talking about the JV boys.

 

:D:D:D

You just talked me out of going to a game this weekend. Not only this game, but the S.K. vs Conner game on T.V.

Top Row 50 yardline! I think my Grandma is already there! :popcorn:

I was going to the game but Big Dale said no coaches passes, that is bull a coach pass is from the state. Also when he hosted the Regional last year he was all for it, how many people are we talking about 20 or 30. The next time I work a basketball game the Highlands coaches can pay, and if it is crowed they don't get in.

 

You know what. I think I can do this for you. This spring, come to all the HHS baseball games, Varsity, JV, and Freshman and tell them Tdyballgame said this ones on him. That right there should be worth quite a bit. Your welcome!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.