Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 26 Ironton, OH 12

Featured Replies

Congratulations Tomcats, what a great victory.:banana:

  • Replies 82
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ashland on the win. I listened to most all of this one while watching the Russell/Boyd game. Credit has to go to Coach Leon Hart who clearly outcoached Lutz in this one.

 

The only thing I was disappointed in was my usual favorite radio announcer for Ashland. Demartino from Ashland tackled Taylor from Ironton on a play in the 4th quarter and he busted out into a cackle saying "he cut him right in half...he's not getting up and he might not get up til tomorrow". He carried on in glee that the Ironton player wasn't getting up. Never once was there a word of concern for the player. To be honest, it was one of the most despicable things I've ever heard on a broadcast. I've just never heard anything like it on the radio. Maybe in the stands, but not on the radio. Anyhow, thankfully Taylor got up. The Ashland radio announcer then went on to spell out the words L-O-S-S and O-V-E-R several times as the game wound down. It made me think, though, just how important are these games?

 

I've got to admit I've been into games so much before where I hated the other team so much, I lost perspective and actually enjoyed it when I saw an injury to the other team. I've got to say thanks to the Ashland radio announcer for helping me remember to keep that perspective, though, in victory or defeat. That's one I don't think I'll ever forget.

 

Good luck to Ashland, though, the rest of their season. I said before the game that if they could beat Ironton, then maybe they have a shot against Highlands this year. We shall see.

The Tomcats start the season 5-0. Nice win.

Sammy Hunter played the best game of his career, IMO. I can’t wait to see his stats in the morning paper.

 

Alber was a warrior! I can’t say enough good things about him.

 

The O-line (Hardy, Kosakowski, Stringer, Robinson and Wessel) really made me proud. Keep up the good work Trent #74 – I see you out there.

 

Whetsel, DeMartino, Rogers and Royalty played well too.

 

Best efforts were given all around.

 

Ironton hurt themselves by putting the ball on the ground. But the Tomcats knew exactly what to do with a break when they caught one. These Cats are the real deal.

Sammy Hunter played the best game of his career, IMO. I can’t wait to see his stats in the morning paper.

 

Alber was a warrior! I can’t say enough good things about him.

 

The O-line (Hardy, Kosakowski, Stringer, Robinson and Wessel) really made me proud. Keep up the good work Trent #74 – I see you out there.

 

Whetsel, DeMartino, Rogers and Royalty played well too.

 

Best efforts were given all around.

 

Ironton hurt themselves by putting the ball on the ground. But the Tomcats knew exactly what to do with a break when they caught one. These Cats are the real deal.

 

Do you think they can beat Highlands this year?

Do you think they can beat Highlands this year?

 

 

One game at a time Ryan. The Tomcats will worry about them at the proper time.

 

Tonight is for Celebrating - a win over Ironton has been a long time coming. And this was a GOOD Ironton team - make no mistake. They were bigger than us - and fast.

Congrats to the Tomcats...happy for you guys!

Congrats Tomcats. It sounds likely that you may face the Bluebirds down the line. Good luck!

The Tomcats wanted this one much more. They played a solid game. it was a physical contest with many kids getting dinged up. That is the way an Ironton/ Ashland game is supposed to go. Congratulations to all of the Tomcat fans...even the ones who stayed home (you know who you are). A great crowd, a great atmosphere.

 

As for Ashlands announcer. Everyone, even in Ashland knows the story on him. If he isnt giving up on the 1990 state team (like he did on radio), he is disrespecting kids like tonight.

 

Lastly, I thought coach hart should have taken a knee at the end. Good luck to the Tomcats. Nice to see them back on the prowl. Maybe we can start a streak again next year, when the Cats come across the river?

Any word on Swift and Stringer? I heard they were both injured during the game. I heard one of the Ironton players broke his leg. I pray he has a quick recovery.

I think the post I had on the other thread said it all. Great work tonight Tomcats.

Congratulations to Ashland on the win. I listened to most all of this one while watching the Russell/Boyd game. Credit has to go to Coach Leon Hart who clearly outcoached Lutz in this one.

 

The only thing I was disappointed in was my usual favorite radio announcer for Ashland. Demartino from Ashland tackled Taylor from Ironton on a play in the 4th quarter and he busted out into a cackle saying "he cut him right in half...he's not getting up and he might not get up til tomorrow". He carried on in glee that the Ironton player wasn't getting up. Never once was there a word of concern for the player. To be honest, it was one of the most despicable things I've ever heard on a broadcast. I've just never heard anything like it on the radio. Maybe in the stands, but not on the radio. Anyhow, thankfully Taylor got up. The Ashland radio announcer then went on to spell out the words L-O-S-S and O-V-E-R several times as the game wound down. It made me think, though, just how important are these games?

 

I've got to admit I've been into games so much before where I hated the other team so much, I lost perspective and actually enjoyed it when I saw an injury to the other team. I've got to say thanks to the Ashland radio announcer for helping me remember to keep that perspective, though, in victory or defeat. That's one I don't think I'll ever forget.

 

Good luck to Ashland, though, the rest of their season. I said before the game that if they could beat Ironton, then maybe they have a shot against Highlands this year. We shall see.

 

My favorite was when Ashland was playing Rockcastle County in '04.... I remember the announcer saying "Live and Rot in Rock" after Ashland won the game!!!:lol:

(Rockcastle did video tape Ashland coach signals for that ballgame).:ylsuper::lol:

 

GREAT JOB TOMCATS!!!!! Alber is a stud!!!!

Ashland put together a great game tonight and I'm proud of these guys. Alber and Hunter had awesome games, and like Graybeard, I look forward to seeing the stats in the morning paper. Awesome win!!!

If there is one thing which typifies this group of Tomcats, it’s they play TEAM football…very unselfish, poised and determined.

 

From the opening drive, Ashland marched down the field, scored, and never looked back. The play selection by Coach Hart was text book in terms of ball control and variety.

 

A very good Ironton team simply did not have an answer for the Cats tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.