Beechwood 36 Holy Cross 35 (OT)

The defenses were lacking in this one. The only thing stopping each team's offense was turnovers or on the Beechwood side, the Tigers trying to pass the ball. Their passing game reverted to game 1 ineptitude. Holy Cross' D had no answer to the Beechwood running game tonight. And Beechwood's D could not stop Walker running the ball. He was a one man show tonight for HC and Beechwood's inability to contain the end and make tackles was on display once again. It was one of the best games you could ever see with the back and forth scoring, momentum changing turnovers, big hits, big plays ... this game had it all.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Beechwood fan, but I thought HC was the better team last night. Beechwood had to rely on HC stopping themselves. Beechwood is playing a lot of kids who would have seen the field only late in the second half in past years. Vocke needs more playing time and the freshman Erdman would be a big improvement over most of Beechwoods dbs.

Anyone else think the player who fumbled and had the ball returned for a td was really down. I don't think Kozerski agreed with that call. I give credit to the ref who went over to talk to him about the play. I would not have gotten close to him at that point.

I am a Beechwood fan, but I thought HC was the better team last night. Beechwood had to rely on HC stopping themselves. Beechwood is playing a lot of kids who would have seen the field only late in the second half in past years. Vocke needs more playing time and the freshman Erdman would be a big improvement over most of Beechwoods dbs.

Anyone else think the player who fumbled and had the ball returned for a td was really down. I don't think Kozerski agreed with that call. I give credit to the ref who went over to talk to him about the play. I would not have gotten close to him at that point.

I thought he was down as well. But you have to go with the refs call which I though was a bad one. But over all it was a great game HC was the better team I thought last night they just couldn't hang on they had to many mistakes.

Where are the HC fans that thought this senior laden team would hand it to the very young and injured Tigers?

crickets.......:sssh:

:lol: Easy there big fella. Don't you have anything better to do then get on here and try and talk crap to HC fans. Hopefully when I am your age, I have better things to do then get on here and run my mouth behind my computer to high school kids.

:lol: Easy there big fella. Don't you have anything better to do then get on here and try and talk crap to HC fans. Hopefully when I am your age, I have better things to do then get on here and run my mouth behind my computer to high school kids.

Coach Koz, is that you!! :laugh: (Just a JOKE) How do you know hes not a High school Kid?!?

Not trying to talk crap to anyone. A couple fellows (or ladies) made some strong comments why HC would win this. I wonder what the feelings are now? I figure there are more parents/ fans on here than players anyway. By no means am I running my mouth.

By the big fella comment, maybe you know who I am. If so, I hope you are in better shape than I when you are my age. :lol:

I just feel with all the experience of HC and the youth and injuries to the Tigers this could be considered a bad loss by the Indians. I wish I could of been there. Sounds like a fun game to watch from either side. As stated in the prediction thread most of these players have been playing together since 8th grade.

I will be honest, I felt with how the game went last year and the youth and injuries at BW, HC would win this one. Just shows you how little I know. :isurrender:

I am sure HC will right the ship and have a fine season. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Edited by Coachg13207

If you ask me the Vocke kid is the best back that Beechwood has. I am not trying to take anything away from Colisimo but Vocke is a much more dangerous back.. He is fast and very elusive. I would definately try and get him the ball as much as possible..JMO :ylsuper:

Not trying to talk crap to anyone. A couple fellows (or ladies) made some strong comments why HC would win this. I wonder what the feelings are now? I figure there are more parents/ fans on here than players anyway. By no means am I running my mouth.

By the big fella comment, maybe you know who I am. If so, I hope you are in better shape than I when you are my age. :lol:

I just feel with all the experience of HC and the youth and injuries to the Tigers this could be considered a bad loss by the Indians. I wish I could of been there. Sounds like a fun game to watch from either side. As stated in the prediction thread most of these players have been playing together since 8th grade.

I will be honest, I felt with how the game went last year and the youth and injuries at BW, HC would win this one. Just shows you how little I know. :isurrender:

I have no idea who you are. Just by the name and post I figured. I just didn't think it was necessary to come on here and not even talk about how great this game and call out the HC faithful? I mean Beechwood has beaten HC in everything the last year or so and always in football. I guess I was just expecting a little sportsmanship. I didn't realize a "football powerhouse" like Beechwood would have to scrap to win against a team, who never has gotten past the second round, then get on here and brag about it.

I have no idea who you are. Just by the name and post I figured. I just didn't think it was necessary to come on here and not even talk about how great this game and call out the HC faithful? I mean Beechwood has beaten HC in everything the last year or so and always in football. I guess I was just expecting a little sportsmanship. I didn't realize a "football powerhouse" like Beechwood would have to scrap to win against a team, who never has gotten past the second round, then get on here and brag about it.

Not bragging by any means. Stop trying to read into what I am saying. Go back and read some of the post in the prediction thread. Statements like- they have been together since 8th grade, they are bigger, stronger, faster and something about a new game plan. I am sure these are comments by people who are not fans of another team.

Apparently you have no idea how young BW is this year. There are more sophmores playing than juniors and seniors combined if I am not mistaken. I may be wrong about that, but it is close if nothing else.

I will state again, I felt HC would win this game as many others did. I am sure HC will have a very good year.

You may also be surprised to know, I have no dog in this fight. Unfortunately. :(

Have a good day.