Beechwood 36 Holy Cross 35 (OT)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are a contender, you have been there and know how to win these kind of games. You have the tradition of a great program to fall back on, you have passion instilled into you by a great coaching staff. This is what allows you to win ball games when your opponent may be bigger, stronger or more talented. Beechwood will alway have this.

When you are a pretender, your cheeks tend to tighten a bit in these situations and you may not always do the right thing. You have a coaching staff that pampers the "superstars" and chastises the hard working support players...not realizing the kids see right through this and disrespect the coach for it. A pretender changes their offensive formation, but not their offensive philosophy.

Yes, that is why in the ongoing battles between contenders and pretenders, the contenders will win the vast majority of these games. Or in this case...all of them since 1998.

Can someone explain the situation when HC fumbled.

Was it on a handoff?

Did BW have any timeouts left?

What down was it?

Beechwood was driving for the tieing TD. They tried a pass down the middle and Roenker intercepted it around the 5 yard line with about 2 minutes to go. Holy Cross then was obviously trying to run the clock out. But I believe Beechwood still had 2 timeouts left, so Holy Cross could not just take a knee. If they could get one first down, they could have run out the clock. On the fumble, it was 2nd down I believe and they ran up the middle. It looked like Roenker had the ball wrapped up tightly in front of him with both arms. I think Beechwood just did a good job of gang tackling, holding him up and then stripping the ball. There was about 1:30 to go in the game when Beechwood recovered the fumble.

If you ask me the Vocke kid is the best back that Beechwood has. I am not trying to take anything away from Colisimo but Vocke is a much more dangerous back.. He is fast and very elusive. I would definately try and get him the ball as much as possible..JMO :ylsuper:

Vocke is no doubt extremely talented. I have been singing his praises on here. But how do you take carries away from a senior back who gained about 225 yards in the game? I would try to get Vocke some carries also but it isn't going to be easy if Colosimo stays healthy and continues to play like he did last night. That is one personnel dilemna the Beechwood coaches enjoy having.

great game by two great teams, most excitment i have seen in a friday night game in a long time. HC had this one in the bag and just gave it away. Beechwood ran all over HC in this game, and HC ran all over beechwood, the offenses really sparked tonight. HC needs to take this as a lesson and learn from this loss to make them better, and IMO, they will do just that.

I saw the best game of football in my life. There is nothing to brag about for either team in any means, but it makes me laugh when someone that was not even at the game trys to brag and talk for Beechwood. If you were at the game you would have seen that Beechwood was NOT the better team and each team was beating themselves, there is no need to get on here a talk about how young Beechwood is and how many people they were missing because they were missing one starter if i am thinking right, (Jackson Adams) and yes they are young and best of luck, but last night was a game you had to be there to talk about it. So much to learn from, but the great thing about football, you have a week to prepare. Good Luck to both teams.

I saw the best game of football in my life. There is nothing to brag about for either team in any means, but it makes me laugh when someone that was not even at the game trys to brag and talk for Beechwood. If you were at the game you would have seen that Beechwood was NOT the better team and each team was beating themselves, there is no need to get on here a talk about how young Beechwood is and how many people they were missing because they were missing one starter if i am thinking right, (Jackson Adams) and yes they are young and best of luck, but last night was a game you had to be there to talk about it. So much to learn from, but the great thing about football, you have a week to prepare. Good Luck to both teams.

Starting tackle Jake Maricle also did not play. Corey Crane is out. Larimore is playing hurt.

I think both teams can brag about their offense and both teams know their defenses need work. Holy Cross D should be disappointed that a team with two starting linemen out ran the ball down their throat all night. Beechwood D should be disappointed that the same problems they had in game 1 - poor tackling, no pressure on the QB, sloppy defensive backfield play - are still big problems in game 3. That being said, Beechwood was the better team Friday night because the scoreboard is the judge of that.