Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 20 Highlands 13 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Sounds like it was a close game that could have gone either way and fans from both teams should leave it at that. The difference was a great kickoff return for a TD according to the recap. Congrats to the Ryle frosh and they will provide a solid future in Union.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it was a close game that could have gone either way and fans from both teams should leave it at that. The difference was a great kickoff return for a TD according to the recap. Congrats to the Ryle frosh and they will provide a solid future in Union.

 

I totally agree with you. Future is bright in union.

On paper cooper would handle ryle? I have seen both squads play and to say cooper is more talented than ryle is crazy!! Yes cooper is good, but put them up against highlands, cov. cath., ryle,and campbell co. and s.k. they would have to play better than what I saw to even win. And for them trying to land a game with ryle. I know if it can be done coach Rudd would love to play this game to build a natural rivalry within the 2 boone county schools .

 

I knew someone would take it the wrong way. I said "on paper" based on what I know of the kids mentioned in this thread that performed well for Ryle. They are good football players but IMO I would take the overall talent at Cooper freshman level. If you saw Cooper play then it must have been against NCC because that is the only time they have been on a field against another opponent. They had no scrimmages prior to that game. The first half was a lot of nerves and they were up 12-8, the second half they scored the first 20 before putting in their two's. The play again tonight against Holy Cross. Trust me, the Freshman coaches begged to play in the upper division when Beechwood stepped down but was denied by coach Borchers. Again, great win by Ryle, and they may beat Cooper if they play. I was just going by the names mentioned as being the stars of this particular game and IMO Cooper would hold their own.

Cooper should have an opening in their schedule for the week they were supposed to play Lloyd, since Lloyd could not field a freshman team. Maybe Ryle can shift things around on their schedule and make it happen. I think most of the freshman teams on the small school side are looking for a game to fill that Lloyd opening.

 

I was told the coaches are working on finding a game for the week they were supposed to play Lloyd. I believe around Oct 1.

All in all good game by both teams I would love to see the CCH vs Highlands game. That will be close as well. Ryle won by 1 point when the CCH head coach should have gone for 2 instead of 1 for the tie.

It is my understanding that the "Big School" frosh schedule is in stone and will not change. For the Ryle vs. Cooper game to happen Ryle would have to play a 2 game week and maybe have it on a Sat. The Ryle schedule is full thorugh Oct. 15 as are the other "Big School" schedules and then they have one playoff week and a championship week.

 

Oh and by the way, GREAT win for the Raiders, the players have played well!

 

Congrats to Players, School and Staff.

It is my understanding that the "Big School" frosh schedule is in stone and will not change. For the Ryle vs. Cooper game to happen Ryle would have to play a 2 game week and maybe have it on a Sat. The Ryle schedule is full thorugh Oct. 15 as are the other "Big School" schedules and then they have one playoff week and a championship.

 

Oh and by the way, GREAT win for the Raiders, the players have played well!

 

Congrats to School and Staff.

 

Do you know how they are doing the playoffs? Are the two divisions (big and small school) going to have a playoff (1st & 2nd from each division in the playoffs) or are the playoffs going to be separate also with the big schools playing against each other and the small schools playing each other?

I was told the playoffs will remain separate by divisions. :irked:

Congrats to Ryle and IMO this is shocking after hearing what HHS frosh were supposed to have. I know the coaches at Cooper are trying to land a Frosh game with Ryle and hope it comes to be as Ryle has now beat Cov Cath and HHS and "on paper" Cooper would handle Ryle based on what I know from these kids in past pee-wee years. These kids mentioned above are all talented but IMO Cooper is even more so. Congrats again to Ryle on a great win. :thumb:

 

Who has Cooper played and beaten to be able to say that they can contend with Highlands or Ryle?

Did the Baby Birds play Ryle 3 or 4 days after their last game?....If so, I can see why they lost a close game. Did both teams play on the 3rd and then again on the 6th? If so, the AD's at these schools need to get their heads out of their behinds.:confused:

Ryle played on the 2nd, then the 8th - no reason to slam the AD's.

The freshman schedules are really thrown out of whack this year due to the small/large division pairings. Ryle frosh are huge. They had their way with Highlands on the ground. Equally, however, Highlands ran their textbook counter nearly all night just as efficiently. The dropped balls were a big deal Wednesday night. #7 for Highlands was impressive on both sides of the ball. Special teams the deciding factor...Highlands getting a holding call on a two point conversion, then #24 for Ryle returning the following kickoff to the house...

Did the Baby Birds play Ryle 3 or 4 days after their last game?....If so, I can see why they lost a close game. Did both teams play on the 3rd and then again on the 6th? If so, the AD's at these schools need to get their heads out of their behinds.:confused:

 

Back to back short weeks for the Birds. They played Louisville St. X Saturday night Aug. 29, the following Thursday, Sept 3 against Boone Co. and then the following Tuesday Sept 8 against Ryle so they had 3 tough games in 11 days--with 4 off days between each game. Short preparation time but give the Raiders their due they won the game on the field. Birds will regroup and bounce back.

Who has Cooper played and beaten to be able to say that they can contend with Highlands or Ryle?

 

Once, again if you read my post, I have seen the kids play for years and was going by what I know of the kids on each team. Ryle may beat the Cooper Freshman but IMO I think the overall talent at Cooper is a step ahead. I could be wrong but when you have watched these kids play over the years, this is just my opinion. Several other people I've talked to feel the same way and we could be wrong. What hurts, if you go by what you read on here, the small school teams will not give Cooper much competition this year. Last night they played Holy Cross and two minutes into the second quarter it was 35-0 and the starters were pulled so they are only getting minimum time on the field where as the big school competition is much closer. I've heard Cooper and Ryle are trying to get a game so it may be settled on the field. Again, I meant no disrespect to Ryle as they do have some talented ball players and have had two very good wins the last two weeks.

I talked to a freshman coach and he told me that the "Big School" NKY playoffs will go as follows:

 

8 teams (Connor, Ryle, Boone, Cov Cath, Highlands, Simon Kenton, Dixie, Campbell)

 

These teams are separated into East and West (but did not find out which team was in which)

 

Playoff week 1 plays 2 from the respective sides and 3 plays 4.

 

The Championship will be the winners of the 1 vs. 2 games.

 

All other teams will be given the option of playing a last game by pairing if they so choose.

 

At least that is what I have been able to find.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.