Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 20 Highlands 13 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Once, again if you read my post, I have seen the kids play for years and was going by what I know of the kids on each team. Ryle may beat the Cooper Freshman but IMO I think the overall talent at Cooper is a step ahead. I could be wrong but when you have watched these kids play over the years, this is just my opinion. Several other people I've talked to feel the same way and we could be wrong. What hurts, if you go by what you read on here, the small school teams will not give Cooper much competition this year. Last night they played Holy Cross and two minutes into the second quarter it was 35-0 and the starters were pulled so they are only getting minimum time on the field where as the big school competition is much closer. I've heard Cooper and Ryle are trying to get a game so it may be settled on the field. Again, I meant no disrespect to Ryle as they do have some talented ball players and have had two very good wins the last two weeks.

 

I dont know when it would be played Ryle has a full schedule and a game to finish against Holy Cross. That game was postponed due to Lightning in the second Quarter with Ryle up 33-0. I also understand at the Freshman level you are only allowed to have 10 games max.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know when it would be played Ryle has a full schedule and a game to finish against Holy Cross. That game was postponed due to Lightning in the second Quarter with Ryle up 33-0. I also understand at the Freshman level you are only allowed to have 10 games max.

I heard that Holy Cross forfeited - so that game may not need to be made up. BTW, after Pulice scored 3 td's on 3 carries against Holy Cross, there was no need for Ryle to continue with any starters mid-way through the first quarter. I'd like to see Ryle and Cooper play - most of the kids know eachother and have played against eachother in PeeWee - it would start a healthy rivalry.

I dont know when it would be played Ryle has a full schedule and a game to finish against Holy Cross. That game was postponed due to Lightning in the second Quarter with Ryle up 33-0. I also understand at the Freshman level you are only allowed to have 10 games max.

 

Why is Ryle playing Holy Cross anyway? I thought they were in two different divisions. As it stands Cooper doesn't have 10 games scheduled even with the playoff system.

Good question - there was no reason. Who does Cooper play next week and where? I think Conner is at Ryle next Thursday - that ought to be a good match up. Heard that Drew Barker is all everything.

For any of the Cov Cath or Highlands followers: Do these two teams play

each other next Wed. Sept 16th?

For any of the Cov Cath or Highlands followers: Do these two teams play

each other next Wed. Sept 16th?

 

Yes.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I saw the 'birds play against Trinity a few weeks ago and I was very impressed by the level of play by both squads. I was thinking no one was going to beat the 'birds in N Kentucky this year.

 

Ryle must have a great program... Congratulations!

 

I too am looking forward to a possible Frosh rematch this year.

Cooper plays Scott on thursday 9/17

Cooper is playing Scott on 9/17

Could someone post the Highlands frosh schedule, since it has changed quite a bit?

Ryle played on the 2nd, then the 8th - no reason to slam the AD's.

 

I'm not so sure playing 3 games in a such a short time frame did not have something to do with with the Birds losing.....I'm not making excuses, but it sure would be nice to play them fresh and with a longer time to game prep. Anyone who does not think that playing 3 games on 4-5 days to rest and prepare is crazy, well I don't know what to tell you, because it is.That being said, I look for a much different game come playoff time between these two teams. That being said, congratulations to the Raiders on a good victory.:D

I'm not so sure playing 3 games in a such a short time frame did not have something to do with with the Birds losing.....I'm not making excuses, but it sure would be nice to play them fresh and with a longer time to game prep. Anyone who does not think that playing 3 games on 4-5 days to rest and prepare is crazy, well I don't know what to tell you, because it is.That being said, I look for a much different game come playoff time between these two teams. That being said, congratulations to the Raiders on a good victory.:D

 

I think the 'birds frosh squad had another bontiful turnout this year... if the coach liberally substitutes... should not be a factor. Especially, if one of the three games played was a total "blowout." Just an opinion...

Could someone post the Highlands frosh schedule, since it has changed quite a bit?

9/16 Cov Cath @ Highlands 6:00

9/24 @ Campbell Co 6:00

10/1 Conner @ Highlands 6:00

10/8 @ Simon Kenton 5:00

10/15 @ Dixie 6:00

Good question - there was no reason. Who does Cooper play next week and where? I think Conner is at Ryle next Thursday - that ought to be a good match up. Heard that Drew Barker is all everything.

 

I believe it's Ryle @ Conner on 9/17...............

Based on what I saw of Conner last night at Boone. I think this will be a complete mismatch - My prediction: Ryle wins easily 35-10.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.