Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Can Definitely Tell The Truth Now!!!

Featured Replies

You may have a legit point with this thread, if their weren't so many not so subtle insults hurled in.....

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I am telling you 75. You tell me some successful black men outside the world of sports and entertainment??? You will have to dig deep to find out because it will be hard for you or others to do so. The household names in this manner just don't stick out like a Jordan, Magic, or Lebron. These are the only figures young black kids see on the television. They don't show the African American man who just designed the new taurus. Heck it wasn't until I was in collge that I learned a lot about African Americans, outside of only being slaves.

 

You can state what you feel and I'm going to do the same because I'm speaking of the kids in the black neighborhoods, where on tv, they have to sell drugs or they have to play ball to make it out. That has to stop and this is the right direction. I don't care about stirring up a hornets nest, I didn't start that fire, but I will add fuel to it.

 

Can you believe there were problems with the President talking to kids??? That is amazing when a parent complains about listening to the President speak and never monitors what their kid watches on the television or computer. When I was in school there was no question what you were going to watch if the President was going to speak. Now people are going apes over this. Where is the respect for our President, meaning you don't have to like him, but he is what he is.

 

You're kidding, right???? I'm not black and I can name dozens without thinking hard about it. Governors, Mayors, Senators, Supreme Court and Court of Appleal justices, business leaders, media (ok, that on is entertainment these days). I have to wonder if the black children who can't name a bunch of black leaders will really be impacted by the president. It seems to me their parents have already set them up for failure by not stressing these leaders as role models. If the parent doesn't provide the guidance, I think there are few people who will motivate themselves. I think that is true no matter the race, religion, demographics, etc.

Edited by 75center

If you had to lie to your kids, that's your problem. There were plenty of successful african-americans in this country before BHO and there will be plenty afterwards. To be honest, these posts are doing more harm than good.

You're kidding, right???? I'm not black and I can name dozens without thinking hard about it. Governors, Mayors, Senators, Supreme Court and Court of Appleal justices, business leaders, media (ok, that on is entertainment these days). I have to wonder if the black children who can't name a bunch of black leaders will really be impacted by the president. It seems to me their parents have already set them up for failure by not stressing these leaders as role models. If the parent doesn't provide the guidance, I think there are few people who will motivate themselves. I think that is true no matter the race, religion, demographics, etc.

 

Sounds like the role models are coming from ESPN and MTV. Great choice.

My wife and I made sure that we taught our kids about successful black men and women. We taught them about Thurgood Marshall, Sargent William Carney, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, W.E.B. Dubois just to name a few. We told them through education and hard work you could be anything you want.

 

I have to say though we never told our kids that they could be President of the United States. I never ever thought that I would see a black man or woman in that office in my life time.

Whose fault is it if a black child doesn't know any other black role model other then sports stars and rappers?

My wife and I made sure that we taught our kids about successful black men and women. We taught them about Thurgood Marshall, Sargent William Carney, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, W.E.B. Dubois just to name a few. We told them through education and hard work you could be anything you want.

 

I have to say though we never told our kids that they could be President of the United States. I never ever thought that I would see a black man or woman in that office in my life time.

:thumb:I didn't see your post until after I made mine but the first part was the point I was try to get at. As to the second part I would guess the majority of the population doesn't tell their kids they could be president no matter the color of their skin. Obama's story is a really good one if you look at where he came from to where he is and it really does prove that no matter who you are...poor, rich, white, black, whatever...there is nothing you can't achieve.

Whose fault is it if a black child doesn't know any other black role model other then sports stars and rappers?
Whose fault is it if a black child doesn't know any other black role model other then sports stars and rappers?

 

It certainly doesn't help matters that the most prominent figures for the most part in regards to African American children to look at are not good family men/women.

 

Whether I agree with much of anything that President Obama has said, done, will say or will do, he is an excellent role model for young African Americans. Not only because he has risen to the top office in this country but because he is also a family man. That is a good role model.

 

For what it's worth I don't think that anyone could ever effectively describe me as a supporter of President Obama's policies. :lol:

It certainly doesn't help matters that the most prominent figures for the most part in regards to African American children to look at are not good family men/women.

 

Whether I agree with much of anything that President Obama has said, done, will say or will do, he is an excellent role model for young African Americans. Not only because he has risen to the top office in this country but because he is also a family man. That is a good role model.

 

For what it's worth I don't think that anyone could ever effectively describe me as a supporter of President Obama's policies. :lol:

 

That is a problem that is not just limited to African Americans.

That is a problem that is not just limited to African Americans.

 

 

That is true.

:thumb:I didn't see your post until after I made mine but the first part was the point I was try to get at. As to the second part I would guess the majority of the population doesn't tell their kids they could be president no matter the color of their skin. Obama's story is a really good one if you look at where he came from to where he is and it really does prove that no matter who you are...poor, rich, white, black, whatever...there is nothing you can't achieve.

:thumb: I agree completely.

You may have a legit point with this thread, if their weren't so many not so subtle insults hurled in.....

 

:thumb: Exactly correct.

To quote a great American poet, Tu-Pac, "I see no changes, all I see is racist faces." Of course, he was drinking a lot at the time.

To quote a great American poet, Tu-Pac, "I see no changes, all I see is racist faces." Of course, he was drinking a lot at the time.

 

Misplaced hate brings disgrace to races.:D

 

I have to say though we never told our kids that they could be President of the United States. I never ever thought that I would see a black man or woman in that office in my life time.

 

That's the main point I took out of the original post in this thread.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.