Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Can Definitely Tell The Truth Now!!!

Featured Replies

Look Guys, for all the craziness, disrespect and whatever else people are doing to or targeting towards our President of the United States of America. I can honestly look into the eyes of my kids not like was done to me by my parents and say that you can honestly be what you want in this world. I know the intent from my parents when they said that to me but deep down they didn't think that becoming the President of the United States was possible. I'm sure that it was said to my parents by my grandparents and so forth and so on. But today, just as Barack was elected, I am proud to say that to my kids again once they get off that school bus that you study hard and make good grades anything is possible. Even becoming the President of the United States of America. Yeah that is right and proud to say that. You see I am a responsible, black, educated father now but man first. I know the obstacles behind things and I just want you, white people, to know that I am proud of this man and this man becoming President has raised the bar as far as African Americans. You see previously you could get a pretty good status in this world by being a sports star, rapper, or some kind of entertainer if you were black. Now the bar has been raised and I couldn't be any happier, the speech was tremendous and I agree with everything he said.

Now we have the Rush's and everybody else talking all this nonsense but what are they doing but talking. Run for something and be about something. It's easy to collect 100 million a year for talking crazy and having no responsibilities behind doin what you say. And to think he's a or ex drug addict??? People will believe anything and anybody because that is what people are looking for. Meaning there are a lot of people in the U.S. who are very insecure about themselves.

I thank Barack and I'm totally 100% behind the man because he has broken that same barrier that we praise Jackie Robinson for. May God Bless him and Keep him and please, for just this time, let us African Americans enjoy this time. We can finally look our kids in the eyes without having to lie.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

You are missing the point here Irish. I was very upset and thinking way faster than I was typing but is that all you have to say. To go even farther, I am not asking you all to agree with everything this man says, that wouldn't be me. But the disrespect this man is getting is absurd for being in the most powerful position in this country and world. Why is that?? Is it because he is black or what. You can't say it's his policies because there have been horrible decisions made in this position (Mr. Bush) and he never got this kind of treatment.

All I am saying is get off of this crazy crap and move forward. Bet you never had to lie to your kids about anything is possible have you. Well I don't have to anymore either and that is why I am happy today. People afraid of us blacks not striving to be a sports star or rapper anymore??

Edited by bugatti

People afraid of us blacks not striving to be a sports star or rapper anymore??

 

I did enjoy when President Obama said you most likely won't be a rapper or athlete or reality TV star. But whatever you choose to be, you can be a success, through hard work. I have so many students who think they'll hit it big without ever doing a single thing. Then when they don't achieve that "goal," they quit. Such a sad cycle that I would love to see eliminated.

Edited by gchs_uk9

  • Author
I did enjoy when President Obama said you most likely won't be a rapper or athlete or reality TV star. But whatever you choose to be, you can be a success, through hard work. I have so many students who think they'll hit it big without ever doing a single thing. Then when they don't achieve that "goal," then they quit. Such a sad cycle that I would love to see eliminated.

 

I totally agree with you uk. I'm around the same situations, attitude and thinking everyday, also. I'm tired of hearing the excuses of this and that that mainly goes on in my black community. Doesn't hold any water anymore and I am glad Barack has said this. Time to really CHANGE!!!

You are missing the point here Irish. I was very upset and thinking way faster than I was typing but is that all you have to say. To go even farther, I am not asking you all to agree with everything this man says, that wouldn't be me. But the disrespect this man is getting is absurd for being in the most powerful position in this country and world. Why is that?? Is it because he is black or what. You can't say it's his policies because there have been horrible decisions made in this position (Mr. Bush) and he never got this kind of treatment.

All I am saying is get off of this crazy crap and move forward. Bet you never had to lie to your kids about anything is possible have you. Well I don't have to anymore either and that is why I am happy today. People afraid of us blacks not striving to be a sports star or rapper anymore??

 

 

Oh boy. I'll let the others address most of your post, but I'd just like to say that my problem with President Obama has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

 

I'd also like to say that President Bush received similar criticism. I'd imagine the majority of Presidents have received just as much criticism - not because of their race or religion, but because of the decisions that they have made. President Obama's seem to be more radical & he stepped into office during a tenuous time. Add those factors to the fact that we're in the "Internet Age" where virtually anyone can post their thoughts on the web for everyone to read & hide behind a user name, and you've got a lot of extreme opinions.

 

Other than that, I have not seen where any of us "white people" (your words in your original post) are making an issue of race...at all? But then again, I do not frequent P&R.

 

For what it's worth, I have not seen the speech, but plan on reading it here shortly. For that reason I have not & will not comment on the speech. I will say that I have heard tidbits of what he spoke about & I approve. However, I will not blindly follow him, nor anyone else. And it does not matter if they're white, black, purple or pink.

I can honestly look into the eyes of my kids not like was done to me by my parents and say that you can honestly be what you want in this world.
You can't make that guarantee to them, it's simply not true.
You can't make that guarantee to them, it's simply not true.

 

I understand what you are saying here, RTS, but I believe scout is saying that in the past black parents could tell their children "you can be President," although it had never happened. It was something of an empty claim and the kids knew it.

 

Now that there is a black president, then a black parent can make that statement and whether the child does or doesn't become president, there is precedent for it occuring.

Look Guys, for all the craziness, disrespect and whatever else people are doing to or targeting towards our President of the United States of America. I can honestly look into the eyes of my kids not like was done to me by my parents and say that you can honestly be what you want in this world. I know the intent from my parents when they said that to me but deep down they didn't think that becoming the President of the United States was possible. I'm sure that it was said to my parents by my grandparents and so forth and so on. But today, just as Barack was elected, I am proud to say that to my kids again once they get off that school bus that you study hard and make good grades anything is possible. Even becoming the President of the United States of America. Yeah that is right and proud to say that. You see I am a responsible, black, educated father now but man first. I know the obstacles behind things and I just want you, white people, to know that I am proud of this man and this man becoming President has raised the bar as far as African Americans. You see previously you could get a pretty good status in this world by being a sports star, rapper, or some kind of entertainer if you were black. Now the bar has been raised and I couldn't be any happier, the speech was tremendous and I agree with everything he said.

Now we have the Rush's and everybody else talking all this nonsense but what are they doing but talking. Run for something and be about something. It's easy to collect 100 million a year for talking crazy and having no responsibilities behind doin what you say. And to think he's a or ex drug addict??? People will believe anything and anybody because that is what people are looking for. Meaning there are a lot of people in the U.S. who are very insecure about themselves.

I thank Barack and I'm totally 100% behind the man because he has broken that same barrier that we praise Jackie Robinson for. May God Bless him and Keep him and please, for just this time, let us African Americans enjoy this time. We can finally look our kids in the eyes without having to lie.

 

Please tell me that is not what you really thought! That those were the only ways to attain status? If so, that is a bigger problem than previously not having a black person as president.

I understand what you are saying here, RTS, but I believe scout is saying that in the past black parents could tell their children "you can be President," although it had never happened. It was something of an empty claim and the kids knew it.

 

Now that there is a black president, then a black parent can make that statement and whether the child does or doesn't become president, there is precedent for it occuring.

Oh, OK, I gotcha. I'm glad you see what I was getting at, though. :thumb:
You are missing the point here Irish. I was very upset and thinking way faster than I was typing but is that all you have to say. To go even farther, I am not asking you all to agree with everything this man says, that wouldn't be me. But the disrespect this man is getting is absurd for being in the most powerful position in this country and world. Why is that?? Is it because he is black or what. You can't say it's his policies because there have been horrible decisions made in this position (Mr. Bush) and he never got this kind of treatment.

All I am saying is get off of this crazy crap and move forward. Bet you never had to lie to your kids about anything is possible have you. Well I don't have to anymore either and that is why I am happy today. People afraid of us blacks not striving to be a sports star or rapper anymore??

 

Where in the world were you between 2000 and 2008??? The treatment Bush received was every bit as much, and maybe more, than Obama has received. Clinton before Bush also was treated in a like manner.

Please tell me that is not what you really thought! That those were the only ways to attain status? If so, that is a bigger problem than previously not having a black person as president.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Look Guys, for all the craziness, disrespect and whatever else people are doing to or targeting towards our President of the United States of America. I can honestly look into the eyes of my kids not like was done to me by my parents and say that you can honestly be what you want in this world. I know the intent from my parents when they said that to me but deep down they didn't think that becoming the President of the United States was possible. I'm sure that it was said to my parents by my grandparents and so forth and so on. But today, just as Barack was elected, I am proud to say that to my kids again once they get off that school bus that you study hard and make good grades anything is possible. Even becoming the President of the United States of America. Yeah that is right and proud to say that. You see I am a responsible, black, educated father now but man first. I know the obstacles behind things and I just want you, white people, to know that I am proud of this man and this man becoming President has raised the bar as far as African Americans. You see previously you could get a pretty good status in this world by being a sports star, rapper, or some kind of entertainer if you were black. Now the bar has been raised and I couldn't be any happier, the speech was tremendous and I agree with everything he said.

Now we have the Rush's and everybody else talking all this nonsense but what are they doing but talking. Run for something and be about something. It's easy to collect 100 million a year for talking crazy and having no responsibilities behind doin what you say. And to think he's a or ex drug addict??? People will believe anything and anybody because that is what people are looking for. Meaning there are a lot of people in the U.S. who are very insecure about themselves.

I thank Barack and I'm totally 100% behind the man because he has broken that same barrier that we praise Jackie Robinson for. May God Bless him and Keep him and please, for just this time, let us African Americans enjoy this time. We can finally look our kids in the eyes without having to lie.

 

Wow...

I can honestly look into the eyes of my kids not like was done to me by my parents and say that you can honestly be what you want in this world. I know the intent from my parents when they said that to me but deep down they didn't think that becoming the President of the United States was possible. I'm sure that it was said to my parents by my grandparents and so forth and so on. But today, just as Barack was elected, I am proud to say that to my kids again once they get off that school bus that you study hard and make good grades anything is possible. Even becoming the President of the United States of America.

 

That's nice, but I suppose as a father of two young girls, I am still lying to my kids, when I tell them the same. As are the parents of Latinos, Asians, etc.

 

You see previously you could get a pretty good status in this world by being a sports star, rapper, or some kind of entertainer if you were black. Now the bar has been raised and I couldn't be any happier, the speech was tremendous and I agree with everything he said.

 

This is a statement that I am sure Clarence Otis Jr., Kenneth Chenault, Rodney O'neal, Ronald Williams, and Usuala Burns among other would strongly disagree with. They are just sorry that they set the bar so low.

 

But the disrespect this man is getting is absurd for being in the most powerful position in this country and world. Why is that?? Is it because he is black or what. You can't say it's his policies because there have been horrible decisions made in this position (Mr. Bush) and he never got this kind of treatment.

 

Your local library should have a newspaper archive. I would suggest doing some research regarding President Bush's tenure in office. To say he never got this kind of treatment is laughable at best.

 

To further that point, show me any President that was free of criticism. Presidents have been lambasted in the editorials and lampooned in cartoons since newspapers were printed. It comes with the job, and President Obama was aware of this (or should have been ) prior to declaring for the office.

 

Bet you never had to lie to your kids about anything is possible have you. Well I don't have to anymore either and that is why I am happy today. People afraid of us blacks not striving to be a sports star or rapper anymore??

 

Please tell me you are not serious?

scoutschoice I think you walked into a hornets nest on this one but I agree with what you are saying.

 

Regardless of how others want to spin it, you feel a greater sense of hope with the presidency of Obama, and not only that but you also feel you can project that hope onto future generations. I think thats a good thing.

scoutschoice I think you walked into a hornets nest on this one but I agree with what you are saying.

 

Regardless of how others want to spin it, you feel a greater sense of hope with the presidency of Obama, and not only that but you also feel you can project that hope onto future generations. I think thats a good thing.

 

Who's spinning? People are quoting him and asking for clarification for some pretty off the wall statements. If he had worded it like you do and left out all the other garbage, I for one would have agreed with him because that is absolutely a good thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.