Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/New Cath predictions

Who will win? 105 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Ryle
      80%
      85
    • Newport Central Catholic
      19%
      20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ryle plays at New Cath on Saturday, September 12 at 7:00. Ryle (1-1) had a bye this past weekend, while NCC (1-2) won big against Madison Central.

 

I think Ryle wins this one by a couple scores. Too strong of a running game (Elliott - 360 yds. in 2 games; Eubanks averaging 12 yds. per rush) and I think we'll see great improvement in the passing game also. Kelly is also running well for NCC and will be a challenge for Ryle, but Ryle just has more weapons.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

No thoughts on this game?

I'm going to take Ryle by a few TD's (By few, I mean 3). I think NCC made a statement to people who have been doubting them with their big win over Madison Central, especially because they'd really played tough opponents in the first two weeks, and Kelly will be fun to watch, but Ryle has Elliott, Eubanks, Hempel, Nicholas..etc. I just like them in this one..but I'm not counting NCC out in future games, just think they're outmatched in this one.

I'm going to take Ryle by a few TD's (By few, I mean 3). I think NCC made a statement to people who have been doubting them with their big win over Madison Central, especially because they'd really played tough opponents in the first two weeks, and Kelly will be fun to watch, but Ryle has Elliott, Eubanks, Hempel, Nicholas..etc. I just like them in this one..but I'm not counting NCC out in future games, just think they're outmatched in this one.

 

Who's Nicholas? Are you speaking of the big tight end from Ryle that has a D1 scholly to Stanford?

I think Ryle has too much size and depth for NCC in this one. I say Ryle 35-14

Its gut check time. NewCath has to play there game and not fall back early, that way they can do what works for them, mash mouth football. Go Breds!!!!!!!

Ryle will be too deep in the end. Elliot and Eubanks will be the best backfield combo that NewCath will see this regular season, and potentially in the playoffs. Hempel has a good arm. I found it interesting talking w/ a Ryle coach that they feel that the owe NewCath one for last year. I had forgotten about how close of a game it was. To top it off, Ryle had an extra week to game plan. I believe that NewCath will give everything that they have, but in the end depth will win out. These are the kind of games that will make NewCath a dangerous team heading into the postseason.

This game shouldn't be close. Ryle has (and should have) way too much depth for NCC this year. I'm sure that the Breds will fight the good fight, but it is just tough to complete against a much bigger school every week.

 

NCC stays close early but Ryle pulls away in the second half as their depth takes over.

If NewCath uses every weapon they've got to the most effective usage then, plus two or more Ryle turnovers, maybe they win this. If the NCC D-line lets Elliot run all over them like he is capable of, Ryle 42 - NCC 24. If NewCath gives a high defensive performance, plays ball control with Kelly, but still let Hightchew and Cain hook up for a few big plays, NCC 31 - Ryle 28. The second one is the one I'm going with.

Who's Nicholas? Are you speaking of the big tight end from Ryle that has a D1 scholly to Stanford?

 

Yeah sorry, I know it's Nichols but whenever I start to type that I just want to say Nicholas lol.

Ryle big in this one, to many weapons for NCC to stop. They win by as many as they want, I guess this make NCC better down the road when they are playing their 2A schedule. Is Hightchew getting time?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.