Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cards hire recruit's coach as assistant....

Featured Replies

  • Author
I won't be able to keep my composure from laughing hysterically if Teague goes somewhere else to play.

What would be hysterical is if this coach then gets reassigned or let go, after said commitment.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyday?

 

I expect a post each day of an assistant HS coach being hired as a college assistant.

 

Fine... I was using hyperbole to make a point. Obviously it doesn't happen every single calendar day... or even every single business day, but it is FAR from a rarity.

Fine... I was using hyperbole to make a point. Obviously it doesn't happen every single calendar day... or even every single business day, but it is FAR from a rarity.

 

Head coach, maybe......asst?

 

Not never......:lol:

What's your outlook on package deals, Mitch? You cool with them? If not, I suggest a change of attitude. When Calipari goes after big fish, the net tends to bring in some sucker fish, too.

 

 

AP Photo /Alan Spearman

The Dajuan Wagner signing gave notice that Calipari was ready to put Memphis back on the map.

When he signed Juanny Wagner, he also got his dad as a staff member (Milt Wagner, even without a college degree) and his best friend (Arthur Barclay, despite limited ability). A positive side effect: Milt stayed several years after Juanny left and got his degree.

 

When he signed Evans, he got his personal strength coach, Lamont Peterson, too. But really, what high school kid doesn't come with his own strength coach these days?

 

And there even have been some prepackaging efforts. C.J. Henry, who hadn't played basketball in years after trying his hand at professional baseball, enrolled at Memphis this past August to play hoops. Surprisingly enough, his brother, Xavier -- considered by many the No. 1 high-school senior in America -- signed with the Tigers in November.

 

Who wrote this when Calipari was hired at UK?

If it's legal and it helps you land a recruit who cares? Good for Pitino.

I just wonder if Slick Rick hired him for his son or the wife?

 

I've got m eye on you Tricky Rick and I can see through your little plans of using the player as a decoy.:eyeonyou:

What's your outlook on package deals, Mitch? You cool with them? If not, I suggest a change of attitude. When Calipari goes after big fish, the net tends to bring in some sucker fish, too.

 

 

AP Photo /Alan Spearman

The Dajuan Wagner signing gave notice that Calipari was ready to put Memphis back on the map.

When he signed Juanny Wagner, he also got his dad as a staff member (Milt Wagner, even without a college degree) and his best friend (Arthur Barclay, despite limited ability). A positive side effect: Milt stayed several years after Juanny left and got his degree.

 

When he signed Evans, he got his personal strength coach, Lamont Peterson, too. But really, what high school kid doesn't come with his own strength coach these days?

 

And there even have been some prepackaging efforts. C.J. Henry, who hadn't played basketball in years after trying his hand at professional baseball, enrolled at Memphis this past August to play hoops. Surprisingly enough, his brother, Xavier -- considered by many the No. 1 high-school senior in America -- signed with the Tigers in November.

 

Who wrote this when Calipari was hired at UK?

 

 

 

I am going to take a shot in the dark and say.....Mark Story.

I believe UK hired Derrick Hord's HS coach as well.

I believe UK hired Derrick Hord's HS coach as well.

 

 

I certainly don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, just don't remember that.

I believe UK hired Derrick Hord's HS coach as well.

 

I certainly don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, just don't remember that.

 

 

You were right. I just researched it, and Joe B. Hall did hire Bob Chambers. It did come after Hord had already signed. I guess the deal could have already been worked out though.

Teague (along with several other top junior players) on campus at UofL today. Teague was a surprise visitor.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.