Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Price for Skipping Season at Louisville?

Featured Replies

Why couldn't his parents just home school him and go through those steps?

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LBBC I am not laughing at you!! Sad but I thought the same thing for a moment :lol::lol::lol: It appears to me that school has never been apart of this kids life nor will it ever!

 

Let's just hope he doesn't sustain a career ending injury anytime soon so he can live the dream of "show me the money"! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a kid shows so little intellectual curiosity that he's willing to drop out of HS, how likely is it really that his parents are interested in his academic growth, and even capable of home-schooling him?

 

Sorry missed this! :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe he'll still end up in Louisville one of these days, ripping off Rockmom and TD as they go through the McDonald's drive thru. :D

Maybe he'll still end up in Louisville one of these days, ripping off Rockmom and TD as they go through the McDonald's drive thru. :D

 

That would be great! :ylsuper: Then I could actually tell him to his face how big of a fool I think he is for not getting an education.

The money usually entails more than the figure that gets thrown around. I have a friend playing in France now and his deal included a base salary that is what made all the papers, but he also received a new 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath house and a new car. Not to mention until they make the NBA they usually are able to play in at least a couple of different countries leagues. Many places in South America run summer pro leagues that will add another 70 or 80 thousand to what they make. It still may not be a ton of money by some standards but it usually will amount to more than the NBA league minimum which I believe is 300,000.

That would be great! :ylsuper: Then I could actually tell him to his face how big of a fool I think he is for not getting an education.

 

Something tells me you wouldn't tell a guy 6'9'' how big of an idiot he is.

 

Also, he's making more money this year than he would in the majority of jobs without a college degree.

 

He'll be getting paid to play basketball somewhere for a few more years. Whether or not he'll make it to the NBA remains to be seen, but I think he will. Remember, he's still very young.

Something tells me you wouldn't tell a guy 6'9'' how big of an idiot he is.

 

Something tells me you're underestimating TD. :lol:

Something tells me you're underestimating TD. :lol:

 

Yup. TD would probably just taze him to get his attention. :D

I would think this would be a bad decision for many high school stars. The free education is a great backup plan if things dont go well. This kid had no desire to finish high school. There is no chance at this stage of his life, that he would take advantage of his free ride.

 

 

 

This kid would have been another Derrick Character. I am glad he didn't come.

 

:thumb:

 

This is not a knock on the kid, but as Clyde said college is not for everyone. Judging by the small amount of info that I see here, I believe he made the best call for everyone involved. (Except maybe Israel). :lol:

As long as he can read the cash register at McDonalds, he will be fine

 

 

Uh, I believe the cash registers at McDs have pictures of food on them. :D

The money usually entails more than the figure that gets thrown around. I have a friend playing in France now and his deal included a base salary that is what made all the papers, but he also received a new 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bath house and a new car. Not to mention until they make the NBA they usually are able to play in at least a couple of different countries leagues. Many places in South America run summer pro leagues that will add another 70 or 80 thousand to what they make. It still may not be a ton of money by some standards but it usually will amount to more than the NBA league minimum which I believe is 300,000.

 

 

Problem is without an education, is he able to locate these countries and continents. :D

Problem is without an education, is he able to locate these countries and continents. :D

 

Him or the former governor of Alaska?

Did we have this discussion about Jennings?

 

 

He will be fine...NBA is about potential.

Something tells me you wouldn't tell a guy 6'9'' how big of an idiot he is.

 

Also, he's making more money this year than he would in the majority of jobs without a college degree.

 

He'll be getting paid to play basketball somewhere for a few more years. Whether or not he'll make it to the NBA remains to be seen, but I think he will. Remember, he's still very young.

 

Oh yes I would!!! :taz::taz: I don't back down from anyone! well except my Dad and maybe Rockmom on occasion :lol::lol:

 

I don't give a crap if he's making a million in a year. Get an education so when his basketball career ends he will have something to fall back on for the remainder of his life.

Something tells me you're underestimating TD. :lol:

 

Yup. TD would probably just taze him to get his attention. :D

 

:D:D:D:D:D

 

No taser needed in this case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.