November 10, 200916 yr Oh yes I would!!! :taz::taz: I don't back down from anyone! well except my Dad and maybe Rockmom on occasion :lol::lol: I don't give a crap if he's making a million in a year. Get an education so when his basketball career ends he will have something to fall back on for the remainder of his life. Why do you get an education? I'd guess that most people get an education so that they can get a job and ultimately make money. This kid has already made it evident that he has no intentions to get a college degree. He's making very good money already. No education needed. I'm not saying it's the best route, but school isn't for everyone and the kid is chasing his dream & getting paid for it. I can't fault him for that.
November 10, 200916 yr Why do you get an education? I'd guess that most people get an education so that they can get a job and ultimately make money. This kid has already made it evident that he has no intentions to get a college degree. He's making very good money already. No education needed. I'm not saying it's the best route, but school isn't for everyone and the kid is chasing his dream & getting paid for it. I can't fault him for that. Based on his performance so far he isn't very educated and I am afraid this is going to lead him down a bad road professionally speaking.
November 10, 200916 yr I'd guess that most people get an education so that they can get a job and ultimately make money. This kid has already made it evident that he has no intentions to get a college degree. He's making very good money already. No education needed. I'm not saying it's the best route, but school isn't for everyone and the kid is chasing his dream & getting paid for it. I can't fault him for that. I agree that most people get an education in order to get a job and make money. Many years ago I don't think this was as important as it is today. Today you aren't even considered for many jobs without an education. I understand that school is not for everyone. But I do believe that almost everyone has the ability to be educated or learn a trade if they put forth the effort. I fault (more so his parents) that this kid (and many more like him) has been passed along through school only for the fact that he is an athlete. I bet he can't even do basic reading, writing or math. He needs to learn these skills. Why? So if he ends raking in the dough from basketball he can actually read a contract, the script of a radio/tv commercial (that will get him more money). He can read to see if he has enough money in the bank to buy his momma a house or his peeps a new ride. Or maybe it may make him smart enough to figure out if someone (like an agent,family,friend) was stealing from him because he has so much money. I am not asking the guy to go to Harvard. Just try and get some form of an education or trade. There is a good chance his basketball career will not take him where he wants. So if that happens...what can he do next? What I don't want to see is in five, ten, twenty years he is on the streets because he has no education or skills to get a job. He has to be supported by our tax dollars because he decided sometime ago that an education was just not that important. I believe he should chase his dream but he can do that and get an education!
November 10, 200916 yr They had a write up on him in the CJ today. I can't believe nobody has brought up who he dates. Woke up quick at about noon, Just thought that I had to be in Compton soon, Gotta get drunk before the day begins...
November 10, 200916 yr You could debate this all day and not agree with it. Its hard for a kid to turned down that kind of money when people like Vacarro and his parents are telling him what a great deal it is. $140,000 sounds like a lot to people who dont have a lot of money. However, in reality it is not a lot of money. If he dont make the NBA this kid will be broke in no time. Antoine Walker and other professional athletes are broke after making millions. On the other hand do you really think this kid would have survived with pitino? He has a history of doing well with troubled kids, but not all of them (Derrick Caracter)
November 10, 200916 yr They had a write up on him in the CJ today. I can't believe nobody has brought up who he dates. :popcorn: Well?
November 10, 200916 yr I'll wait a minute and see if someone else gets my clues... I won't give away the answer, but I thought your clues made it pretty easy. :sssh:
November 10, 200916 yr I just heard on Scott Van Pelt show, but is she famous or just famous because her who her father is?
November 10, 200916 yr I just heard on Scott Van Pelt show, but is she famous or just famous because her who her father is?Pretty sure the latter. Correction I think she made two appearances on reality shows. Here is a clip from one. And here is the full episode for her appearance on My Super Sweet 16.
November 10, 200916 yr I agree that most people get an education in order to get a job and make money. Many years ago I don't think this was as important as it is today. Today you aren't even considered for many jobs without an education. I understand that school is not for everyone. But I do believe that almost everyone has the ability to be educated or learn a trade if they put forth the effort. I fault (more so his parents) that this kid (and many more like him) has been passed along through school only for the fact that he is an athlete. I bet he can't even do basic reading, writing or math. He needs to learn these skills. Why? So if he ends raking in the dough from basketball he can actually read a contract, the script of a radio/tv commercial (that will get him more money). He can read to see if he has enough money in the bank to buy his momma a house or his peeps a new ride. Or maybe it may make him smart enough to figure out if someone (like an agent,family,friend) was stealing from him because he has so much money. I am not asking the guy to go to Harvard. Just try and get some form of an education or trade. There is a good chance his basketball career will not take him where he wants. So if that happens...what can he do next? What I don't want to see is in five, ten, twenty years he is on the streets because he has no education or skills to get a job. He has to be supported by our tax dollars because he decided sometime ago that an education was just not that important. I believe he should chase his dream but he can do that and get an education! Where in the world did that come from? That's an awfully strong accusation.
November 11, 200916 yr Where in the world did that come from? That's an awfully strong accusation. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Interesting read... http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911090390
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.