Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chane Behanan Reopens Recruitment

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nice article! :thumb:

 

My already low opinion of Sherrill goes lower.....

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where does the "handler" want the kid to go. Why all the drama?

Nice article! :thumb:

 

My already low opinion of Sherrill goes lower.....

My attempt to contact his mom today resulted in a return call from Jackson that was a little bizarre to put it nicely. I really feel bad for Chane in all of this as I know he is homesick, and now he has to deal with those around him deciding what it best for him (them) while also dealing with his new home and team...

  • Author
My attempt to contact his mom today resulted in a return call from Jackson that was a little bizarre to put it nicely. I really feel bad for Chane in all of this as I know he is homesick, and now he has to deal with those around him deciding what it best for him (them) while also dealing with his new home and team...

What's your read on all this affecting them staying in BG? Surely this won't drive them away? I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

What's your read on all this affecting them staying in BG? Surely this won't drive them away? I'm looking forward to seeing him in action.

The reason for the move was very genuine on his moms part. It looks like others around it had more in mind...

So where does the "handler" want the kid to go. Why all the drama?

 

This is the first I have ever been denied access to Chane or his mother, so this is all pretty new to me as well. It is going to take some time to see how this plays out, but I'm guessing WKU made it clear there would be no active recruitment until things were 'reopened"...

Very, very disappointing. Chane should decide where he wants to go to school... not his high school coach or Jackson. I really hope that at the end of this that Chane will end up at the school that he actually wants to go to.

 

Thanks for the update GT and it was a nice article as it cleared up alot of the situation.

  • Author

I'm looking forward to seeing a retraction in the Bowling Green Daily "News".

I'm looking forward to seeing a retraction in the Bowling Green Daily "News".

I doubt that happens, and I expect some backlash from Jackson in the near future. If this is really how it's going to be, I doubt my tight connection to this situation continues much past today...

Very, very disappointing. Chane should decide where he wants to go to school... not his high school coach or Jackson. I really hope that at the end of this that Chane will end up at the school that he actually wants to go to.

 

Thanks for the update GT and it was a nice article as it cleared up alot of the situation.

 

:thumb:

 

I would bet to some degree that this type of control is becoming more prevalent in young stars lives all the time. It is truly sad.

  • Author

I know the guy who broke it for the Daily News is sticking by it per that blog entry I posted up top. But it's consistent with what you're saying GT. He notes he spoke to Jackson by phone and "Chane was in the car". But not exactly the same as talking to Chane himself.

We'd know Chane's side of the story if Jackson didn't have his phone cut off before we could talk to him...

I doubt that the 'Daily Disappointment' runs a retraction on much of anything. This just proves an old point that adults screw up everything. I hope the young man can persevere and go where he wants.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing a retraction in the Bowling Green Daily "News".

From Jody Demling at the Courier Journal:

 

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

 

Monday, August 10, 2009

'Door is open' for Behanan

 

The highest ranked college basketball prospect in Kentucky - Bowling Green High School junior Chane Behanan - is open to be recruited again.

 

Behanan, who transferred to Bowling Green from Cincinnati Aiken, had been committed to the University of Cincinnati since last summer. But his uncle, Bill Jackson, told The Courier-Journal on Monday that "the door is open."

 

"He still likes Cincinnati but he's open to opportunity," Jackson said. "His interest in one program shouldn't close the door on anybody else right now. . . . Anybody interested, we're going to tell them at some point in time he'll make a decision where he wants to go and that's down the road. Every opportunity needs to be looked at."

 

The 6-foot-7, 235-pound Behanan is ranked as the No. 86 prospect nationally in the '11 class by Rivals.com.

 

At this point there are no other schools being mentioned, but Jackson said the family would talk about other options as warranted, noting when other schools call now the first thing they ask is about his commitment and then they "seem to put the brakes on."

 

"This kid is only in the 11th grade and has his whole life ahead of him," Jackson said.

Labels: Chane Behanan

 

Email this • Share on Facebook • AddThis! • Add to del.icio.us • Twit This! • Find related feeds

 

posted by Jody Demling at 7:30 PM

The kid very well may stick with UC, but I think he will start looking around again now that he is away from Cincy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.