Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton admits to relapse with alcohol

Featured Replies

We had a family cookout the other day where mom and my brother in law were saying they thought the Reds messed up trading him. Nobody knew the numbers he was going to post last year. They got a solid young pitcher but I think the big thing was they got rid of a big investment that they felt like might be a time bomb. I hope he gets things worked out but I think this gives the Reds more valadation in trading him.

 

Not to metion his sorry numbers this year and all the time spent on the DL.

 

But I wish him nothing but the best because he is a great insparation to millions of people. Just because you are a christian doesnt mean you are perfect. Him doing this shows everyone that to be human is to error and there is only one "perfect" person. All he can do and all any of us can do is ask for forgivness and try everyday to make tomorrow better than today.

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with Christians making mistakes. I don't have a problem with true Christians who live by the book spreading the word of God. I DO have a problem with phony's and hypocrits cramming the Bible down our throats and doing stuff like this. I just don't buy his act anymore.

I don't have a problem with Christians making mistakes. I don't have a problem with true Christians who live by the book spreading the word of God. I DO have a problem with phony's and hypocrits cramming the Bible down our throats and doing stuff like this. I just don't buy his act anymore.

 

:thumb::thumb:

I don't have a problem with Christians making mistakes. I don't have a problem with true Christians who live by the book spreading the word of God. I DO have a problem with phony's and hypocrits cramming the Bible down our throats and doing stuff like this. I just don't buy his act anymore.

 

:thumb:

I don't have a problem with Christians making mistakes. I don't have a problem with true Christians who live by the book spreading the word of God. I DO have a problem with phony's and hypocrits cramming the Bible down our throats and doing stuff like this. I just don't buy his act anymore.

 

Exactly what I was about to say.

I don't have a problem with Christians making mistakes. I don't have a problem with true Christians who live by the book spreading the word of God. I DO have a problem with phony's and hypocrits cramming the Bible down our throats and doing stuff like this. I just don't buy his act anymore.

 

How do you know if he's a "Christian spreading the word of God" or if he's a phony?

How do you know if he's a "Christian spreading the word of God" or if he's a phony?

 

Ever listen to him talk? Did you see the pictures? Game over..

Ever listen to him talk? Did you see the pictures? Game over..

 

"Listen to him talk?" What does that mean?

 

Secondly, you're saying the sin itself precludes one from being a Christian. I don't think that's what the Bible says.

Some may want to check out the Bible and see who Jesus hung out with.

 

Prostitutes, adulteress, liars, drunks, criminals, tax collectors.

 

He hardly ever hung out in what at that time would be equilivant to our church.

It sucks to hear this.

 

While I think Hamilton is incredibly fake and phony, I really hoped he could stay clean.

It sucks to hear this.

 

While I think Hamilton is incredibly fake and phony, I really hoped he could stay clean.

 

Maybe you guys are around him and I'm not but I don't get the "fake and phony" thinking. Is it just being cynical? Or do you believe that most "Saved" or "born again" Christians are not sincere?

Maybe you guys are around him and I'm not but I don't get the "fake and phony" thinking. Is it just being cynical? Or do you believe that most "Saved" or "born again" Christians are not sincere?

 

No, it's from the fact that people have told me things they've witnessed first-hand with him that makes me feel that way.

Clyde you're completely missing the point or just trying to stir the pot. You've yet ylto really add anything to the discussion other than asking redundant rhetorical questions that make no sense. Watch his "coming home" episode on ESPN or his interview after the home run derby, etc then look at the pictures. The guy is just an acting self consumed, self promoter who clearly cares about himself and only himself. He can claim to be a Christian, go to church on Sunday, drink and cheat on his wife all he wants. He just needs to spare us all with his "I'm a new man, clean and sober, all praise to God" stuff when he knows he's really not living the life he claims to live, and that my friend is the definition of a phony.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/233218-what-if-josh-hamilton-were-black

 

Josh Hamilton is a crack-addicted drunkard. A big deal was made in 2008 about his "journey to hell and back," the "demons" on his shoulder, and how he had found Jesus and that his previous life was forever behind him.

 

There have been rumors that, especially while playing for Cincinnati, he was not popular in the clubhouse.

 

The outspoken Brandon Phillips (a dark-skinned black man) who also came from a great family and could easily be described as an all-American kid (of course only if he was born white) was rumored to have openly asked why Hamilton received special treatment.

 

His ability to hit a baseball is the only thing that separates Hamilton from the worlds of millions of other drug addicts.

 

And it is not so much that he fell off the wagon—more the fashion which it happened.

 

When did it become acceptable for a self-professed man of faith to eat whipped cream off another woman's breasts?

 

Every white person who believes Hamilton deserves another shot—go look in the mirror and imagine yourself as a black man with a crack pipe dangling from your mouth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.