Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton admits to relapse with alcohol

Featured Replies

Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton once again addressed his troubled history with alcohol abuse, after a Web site published photos of him cavorting with several scantily clad women in a bar last January.

Hamilton created headlines last season with his inspired comeback from the depths of alcoholism and drug abuse to lead the major leagues in RBIs and nearly win the Home Run Derby.

The All-Star stood at his locker at Angel Stadium a couple hours before game time Saturday and told about a dozen reporters how much he regretted what happened at a bar in Tempe, Ariz. Prior to this latest episode, Hamilton said he hadn't drank since Oct. 6, 2005.

"I always knew there would be a chance it would come out," said Hamilton, who has three daughters. "I believe I got to the point where if you have alcohol in your system, your inhibitions go out the window. The details don't matter — what kind of drink it was. It just put me in a bad situation."

Hamilton said he had gone for something to eat when he decided to have a drink. A dozen photos posted on Deadspin.com show the Texas slugger taking shots off the bar, and dancing and hugging several young women.

"I'm embarrassed about it for my wife Katie, for my kids and for the organization," Hamilton said. "I'm not perfect. It's an ongoing struggle, and it's real. It's amazing how these things can creep back in. But I am human and I have struggles."

 

 

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hc8HqcCWvLaO-Lqq7xfz2jEjIgTgD99UTUGG1

  • Replies 114
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to hear that he is still struggling with this.

 

Many will take this as a great opportunity to jump on his Christian faith as a sham. Instead of realizing that Christians and non-Christians alike are not perfect and sin and make mistakes every single day.

 

Ironically, many of those same persons complain about Christians supposedly not being perfect yet, somehow thinking we are (which is not correct) and then gladly point out when we aren't.

 

Prayers that Josh is able to find his way back on the Path.

  • Author
Sad to hear that he is still struggling with this.

 

Many will take this as a great opportunity to jump on his Christian faith as a sham. Instead of realizing that Christians and non-Christians alike are not perfect and sin and make mistakes every single day.

 

Ironically, many of those same persons complain about Christians supposedly not being perfect yet, somehow thinking we are (which is not correct) and then gladly point out when we aren't.

 

Prayers that Josh is able to find his way back on the Path.

 

 

 

:thumb::thumb:

Well judging by the pictures, he looks like he was having a good time :lol:

Well judging by the pictures, he looks like he was having a good time :lol:

 

poor guy :lol:

poor guy :lol:

 

I'd hate to have to battle those demons:lol:

If those pictures were of my husband, I think my heart would break into a million pieces and never go back together.

If those pictures were of my husband, I think my heart would break into a million pieces and never go back together.

 

How big of a fool do you think his wife feels, he's always putting her thru this stuff.

I am just waiting for the Hamilton "haters" to get on here.

 

We all have problems we have to deal with.

I don't hate him, he's a human like anyone else, but sometimes I get the feeling the stuff he says is for show

I don't hate him, he's a human like anyone else, but sometimes I get the feeling the stuff he says is for show

 

I am not saying you do, but on the all star thread about him there were a lot on there that did.

I don't hate him, he's a human like anyone else, but sometimes I get the feeling the stuff he says is for show

 

The thing is that from the media reports that I have read, he puts in a lot of time going to places and speaking about these issues. He spends a good amount of time of his life away from baseball sharing his story and the love he feels he receives from Jesus Christ.

 

If a person is doing it for just show, will he put in the amount of time speaking at all the different places the media has reported he does? Maybe yes, Maybe no!

Sad to hear that he is still struggling with this.

 

Many will take this as a great opportunity to jump on his Christian faith as a sham. Instead of realizing that Christians and non-Christians alike are not perfect and sin and make mistakes every single day.

 

Ironically, many of those same persons complain about Christians supposedly not being perfect yet, somehow thinking we are (which is not correct) and then gladly point out when we aren't.

 

Prayers that Josh is able to find his way back on the Path.

 

Greatr post lbbc, I couldn't had said it better. :thumb:

I pray for Josh Hamlton to overcome this, I honestly believe that he wants to. Should some want to blast my comment or Hamilton then so be it.

 

"Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven"

We had a family cookout the other day where mom and my brother in law were saying they thought the Reds messed up trading him. Nobody knew the numbers he was going to post last year. They got a solid young pitcher but I think the big thing was they got rid of a big investment that they felt like might be a time bomb. I hope he gets things worked out but I think this gives the Reds more valadation in trading him.

Hope he gets things worked out, but would he be getting a a free pass from some if he wasn't an outspoken Christian? THe issue isn't the alcohol, the issue is the stuff he's putting his wife through... She's the one who should be a hero, not this phony...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.