Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

50 Greatest Sports Coaches of All-Time

Featured Replies

I think the biggest gaffe was having Geno Auriemma down at #42...he built that program from absolutely nothing, and now they are women's basketball.

I Like Larussa but how is his record any better than Sparky's?

 

Maybe you should check the list again. Not only is Sparky listed, but he's 3 spots ahead of Larussa. :lol:

Maybe you should check the list again. Not only is Sparky listed, but he's 3 spots ahead of Larussa. :lol:

 

See post #15 for recant and explanation. :thumb:

Overall, with the exception of a few changes here and there, I think the list is a pretty good one.

See post #15 for recant and explanation. :thumb:

 

that takes all the fun out of it! :lol:

I think the biggest gaffe was having Geno Auriemma down at #42...he built that program from absolutely nothing, and now they are women's basketball.

I agree totally with this post.

 

Geno is not getting deserved respect.

 

This is a totally dominate program created and sold to the entire country by one man.

I have a huge problem with Barry Switzer not being included. Three NCAA titles and a Super Bowl ring. Plus 4 other Top 3 finishes including one that was 10-0-1. Absolutely no way Tom Osborne and Bo Schembechler should be ranked ahead of Switzer.

Barry Switzer should be in the top 50 in my opinion.

Bo S is the only coach on the list without a ring. I think Jimmy Johnson deserves to be on the list with one NCAA title, two Lombardi trophies, and would have likely won a third with the Boys.

Dean Smith should be in the 30 to 40 range and Pat Summitt should be between 5 and 7 the rest look ok to me.

that takes all the fun out of it! :lol:

 

I'm such a thrill kill. :D

Bo S is the only coach on the list without a ring. I think Jimmy Johnson deserves to be on the list with one NCAA title, two Lombardi trophies, and would have likely won a third with the Boys.

 

Of all the "left off" people, Jimmy Johnson seems to stick out the most. When you consider that he took a 1-15 team and in a few short years turned them into a dynasty winning three out of four Super Bowls, how is he left off?

 

:idunno:

 

(BTW, I hate the Cowboys but respect what Johnson did)

Bo S is the only coach on the list without a ring. I think Jimmy Johnson deserves to be on the list with one NCAA title, two Lombardi trophies, and would have likely won a third with the Boys.

 

Good point. I agree , Johnson should be on this list.

You jest but in watching Mike and Mike this morning, they were discussing who was up and coming that could one day make this list for College B-ball. Greenie said, "Calipari has certainly put himself in position to make a run at this list."

 

:lol: I guess Greenie is one of the 18%! :D

 

I find it funny that it's now National Talk people who are crowning Cal before he coaches a game in UK blue. :lol:

 

I think they're referring to what he's done at other programs already.

I think the biggest gaffe was having Geno Auriemma down at #42...he built that program from absolutely nothing, and now they are women's basketball.

 

Any woman's coach should be omitted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.