Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ American Conference Draft Round Five

Featured Replies

5.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - QB Carson Palmer CIN

5.02 Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - TE Antonio Gates SD

5.03 Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) - QB Matt Cassel KC

5.04 Bardstown Butchers (BoondockSaint) – WR DeSean Jackson PHI

5.05 Harlan Mound Street Machines (Ballaholic) - TE Tony Gonzalez ATL

 

5.06 Maytown Mirkers ® (WildcatScratchFever) - OTC

 

5.07 Frankfort Block Monsters ® (Hip-Hop Box) -

5.08 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) -

5.09 Boyle County Blue Devils ® (PurplePride92) -

5.10 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) -

5.11 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ)-

5.12 Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) -

5.13 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

5.14 Mississippi Thrill (Go Cats) -

5.15 Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) -

5.16 Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) -

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was wondering who was going to snag him up, nice pick.

 

I thought about grabbing him and Jackson, but that would've left me with three guys on a week 4 bye.

I thought about grabbing him and Jackson, but that would've left me with three guys on a week 4 bye.

 

I wouldn't mind if all my studs had a bye on the same week...then I could just get it over with, take the loss, and be at full strength the rest of the season. :D

 

I had you penciled in for Gonzo...

 

The reason I picked Marshall in the 4th was because Gonzo and Gates were both still on the board, so I knew I'd still get one of them with my next pick. I was afraid if I picked one of the TE's, TBW would take Marshall...and, since I was having a hard time choosing between the two TE's, I was kinda hoping he'd pick one and make the decision for me.

 

I done a little research and ultimately went with Gates because...

 

1. He had his worst season since emerging as an elite TE due to injuries and still produced 700 yards and 8 TD's...

2. He played in all 16 games despite battling injuries.

3. He was still Rivers top target in the red zone.

 

I'm betting he'll be healthier to start the season and he'll still be Rivers top guy inside the 20. I like his chances at returning to 900-1000 yards and somewhere around 10 TD's.

 

As for Gonzalez, hooking up with Ryan was intriguing, but I don't think he'll match last year's numbers. Yes, he's playing with a better QB, but he was targeted 155 times last season, 4th most in the NFL. He really took off when KC spread it out and let Thigpen throw...I think the change in offense and demotion to a second option will more than offset the QB upgrade. Plus, the Falcons OC doesn't have a great track record for utilizing TE's.

 

Ultimately, I weighed it all out and thought the upside for both guys was virtually the same, but Gates was a safer pick.

Edited by 5wide

I was kinda hoping he drifted down to me, but knew it wasn't likely...

Seemed like a good pick right now since a couple of TE's had already been drafted. He had a good year for me last year.

I figured the big three TE's would be gone before I picked in the 4th round...I was really surprised they lasted that long.

5.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - QB Carson Palmer CIN

5.02 Middle Fork Mustard Seeds (5wide) - TE Antonio Gates SD

5.03 Sawville Gym Shoes (Jim Schue) - QB Matt Cassel KC

5.04 Bardstown Butchers (BoondockSaint) – WR DeSean Jackson PHI

5.05 Harlan Mound Street Machines (Ballaholic) - TE Tony Gonzalez ATL

5.06 Maytown Mirkers ® (WildcatScratchFever) - WR Santonio Holmes PIT

5.07 Frankfort Block Monsters ® (Hip-Hop Box) - OTC 2:57 P.M. CST 7/14

5.08 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) -

5.09 Boyle County Blue Devils ® (PurplePride92) -

5.10 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) -

5.11 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ)-

5.12 Banklick Swamp Gas (HHSDad) -

5.13 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) -

5.14 Mississippi Thrill (Go Cats) -

5.15 Bushwood Country Club Gophers (AverageJoesGym) -

5.16 Junction City Jailcats (UKMustangFan) -

Hip Hop box, where you at?

 

The new guy holding things up, he better make a good pick, he's probably out buying some fantasy mags.

The new guy holding things up, he better make a good pick, he's probably out buying some fantasy mags.

 

:lol: Not gonna say I didn't buy 1 this year

The new guy holding things up, he better make a good pick, he's probably out buying some fantasy mags.

 

rookies......:rolleyes:

rookies......:rolleyes:

 

You rookies need to stick together :deadhorse:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.