Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2009/2010

Featured Replies


What does Highlands need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Does no one have any insight here. What have the kids been doing over the summer? Have they participated in team camps or playing AAU?

I believe Coach Flynn is anxious to get them back from dead period after having them participate in the Georgetown & Morehead team camps.

Grubbs and Grote are playing football and Dill plays select baseball all Summer but the others I believe are staying active with bball only.

Kowolonek and Watson are Shining Stars and Lother, Gordon, Dill, Smith-Keller are Firebirds........all their teams are scheduled to play at AAU Nationals at the end of the month. Rumored that Stewart may be joining the Firebirds.

They obviously have talent but their work will be cut out for them in the Region this year.

Highlands will have some real good talent and having Coach Flynn as a solid replacement for Coach Schlarman will do nothing but help. With that said, I personally think Highlands is clear cut #2 in the region this coming year. I don't see them or anyone else beating Holmes to get to the Sweet 16.

Highlands will have some real good talent and having Coach Flynn as a solid replacement for Coach Schlarman will do nothing but help. With that said, I personally think Highlands is clear cut #2 in the region this coming year. I don't see them or anyone else beating Holmes to get to the Sweet 16.

 

I agree with you here. This has to be disappointing to such a talented group of seniors.(having a team such as Holmes in your region to contend with) We may get surprised.

Any word on who will be coaching with Flynn at Highlands? JV? Frosh?

Any word on who will be coaching with Flynn at Highlands? JV? Frosh?

 

JV, Feldman?

Feldman and Hunt are assistants.........still looking to add one to his staff.

I agree with you here. This has to be disappointing to such a talented group of seniors.(having a team such as Holmes in your region to contend with) We may get surprised.

 

It's only disappointing if it actually happens............this thing is far from over. It's a special group of kids and it is possible for them to come out of the 9th without question.

What are they looking for in terms of staff? Heard Feldman JV, Hunt Varsity Assistant, and a new teacher as the freshman coach.

I am assuming Hunt will be the Varsity Assistant and that Feldman will be the Junior Varsity coach.

 

Who will be coaching the freshman, 8th, 7th and 6th grade teams?

It's only disappointing if it actually happens............this thing is far from over. It's a special group of kids and it is possible for them to come out of the 9th without question.

 

I agree 100%. That is why I said we may get surprised. I look for Highlands to contend very tightly for the 9th. region.

Highlands has the talent to upset the Bulldogs. If the Birds have an exceptionally hot night or Elijah/Rico pick up early fouls the Dogs could go down. Last year Scott came a missed free throw with no time on the clock and Boone County a missed layup away from knocking off the Dogs. Holmes is obviously the team to beat but Highlands is within striking distance.

Who is the Stewart kid I've heard about this summer?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.