Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve McNair shot and killed

Featured Replies

I have not heard anyone say but what was his relationship to this 20 year old girl? I know he was married, was this girl someone that was friends of the family or just Steve?

 

Apparently his girlfriend, even though he was married. Here's a link to today's article from the Nashville newspaper:

 

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090704/SPORTS01/90704013

 

Sad situation...

  • Replies 62
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Anyone can get famous,” said McCracken, who attends five or more Titans games a year. “But it takes a genuinely moral person to be a leader. He wasn’t just a football player, he was a leader.”

 

Moral? Ironic.

That and the statement from police saying they are not actively looking for a suspect. The friend that owned the condo w/ him saw the bodies and called a friend instead of police.

Watched the police news conference last night and the detective giving the info stated that McNair's friend, and co-owner/renter of the condo, found the door locked, unlocked it and walked in. He said that he saw McNair on the couch and the girl on the floor. Walked to the kitchen and came back. That is when he noticed the blood. I know this is what I heard the detective say. Sounds suspect to me. How do you not notice something is wrong? Really...

So, having a 21 yearold girlfriend isn't such a hot idea when you're 37 and married.

 

RIP Steve.

Sounds like the gf was public knowledge, were McNair and his wife seperated?

Watched the police news conference last night and the detective giving the info stated that McNair's friend, and co-owner/renter of the condo, found the door locked, unlocked it and walked in. He said that he saw McNair on the couch and the girl on the floor. Walked to the kitchen and came back. That is when he noticed the blood. I know this is what I heard the detective say. Sounds suspect to me. How do you not notice something is wrong? Really...

 

If you're not paying that much attention and you just glance in there I could see it. The thing to me is not calling 911 when you did see what the situation was.

If you're not paying that much attention and you just glance in there I could see it. The thing to me is not calling 911 when you did see what the situation was.

But, McNair was shot multiple times. Both were shot in the head, depending on what type of hand gun was used, there's going to be some sign of something wrong. And the 911 thing is a little surprising as well.

Terrible to hear this, I hope that if he was having some kind of extramarital relationship with the young woman that that is not what he will be remembered for. Heck of a football player, always liked Air McNair.

Reports are sketchy in Nashville but former Titans quarterback Steve McNair was shot and killed in Nashville today, the apparant victim of a murder/suicide at the hands of a female.

 

RIP Steve McNair

But, McNair was shot multiple times. Both were shot in the head, depending on what type of hand gun was used, there's going to be some sign of something wrong. And the 911 thing is a little surprising as well.

 

Depends on the lighting doesn't it? What looks like 2 people asleep or passed out on a couch and floor in the dark or shadows probably looks like what he saw.

 

In the light, it might be harder to say "I didn't notice" but if the lights aren't on, what then?

McNair was in the car too and "allowed" to leave from the scene.

 

He went home in a taxi. That is not unusual.

I have not heard anyone say but what was his relationship to this 20 year old girl? I know he was married, was this girl someone that was friends of the family or just Steve?

 

Apparently McNair & this girl had been dating for about 5 months. A Cadillac Escalade was registered in both of their names. McNair is married (for 12 years) and has 4 children, 2 of them with his wife.

 

Depends on the lighting doesn't it? What looks like 2 people asleep or passed out on a couch and floor in the dark or shadows probably looks like what he saw.

 

In the light, it might be harder to say "I didn't notice" but if the lights aren't on, what then?

 

I don't think the story sounds all that shady. From what I've read, it sounds like a murder / suicide.

 

McNair was shot 4 times in the head. Girlfriend was shot once in the head & the gun was found under her body.

  • Author
He went home in a taxi. That is not unusual.

It is when the cop that pulled them over last week is the same cop that arrested McNair for DUI a few years ago. I'm sure he didnt want that headache again.

It is when the cop that pulled them over last week is the same cop that arrested McNair for DUI a few years ago. I'm sure he didnt want that headache again.

 

How do you get a DUI when you're riding shotgun?

  • Author
How do you get a DUI when you're riding shotgun?
You dont, but you can be arrested for public/alcohol intoxication if the driver is arrested for DUI. Given what happened to the officer before and the headache the department had to endure for arresting a popular athlete, I'm sure they didn't mind calling a cab for McNair since he wasn't driving. Even though he could have gone to jail if he was deemed to be intoxicated.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.