Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve McNair shot and killed

Featured Replies

Hate to hear this. I always had the deepest respect for McNair and his toughness.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The girl believed that she and McNair would marry and she believed he was in the process of getting a divorce.

 

McNair's wife had no clue about the girlfriend until the reports of the deaths.

The girl believed that she and McNair would marry and she believed he was in the process of getting a divorce.

 

McNair's wife had no clue about the girlfriend until the reports of the deaths.

 

Imagine the anguish the wife must be going thru, lose your husband, find out he's been having an affair, no way to get any answers from him, probably back and forth from anger to morning.

 

I think if I were in her position, I'd have a hard time being too depressed about it, maybe I'm just cruel

The girl believed that she and McNair would marry and she believed he was in the process of getting a divorce.

 

McNair's wife had no clue about the girlfriend until the reports of the deaths.

Why do I find that tremendously hard to believe?

Police believe the gun to be the girl's.

You dont, but you can be arrested for public/alcohol intoxication if the driver is arrested for DUI. Given what happened to the officer before and the headache the department had to endure for arresting a popular athlete, I'm sure they didn't mind calling a cab for McNair since he wasn't driving. Even though he could have gone to jail if he was deemed to be intoxicated.

 

You're right, they probably didn't want to deal with the headache of making a bogus arrest. Citing somebody for being a drunk passenger? Come on. Taking him to jail? Not gonna happen.

 

Regarding the girl driving the car...she refused a breathalyzer & told the officer that she was not drunk, but high.

Sums up some of my thoughts on the deal. Good read.

Sums up some of my thoughts on the deal. Good read.

 

All except the part where he tends to lump "all American men" into McNair's tail-chasing, family-abandoning type.

All except the part where he tends to lump "all American men" into McNair's tail-chasing, family-abandoning type.

Yep, hence the some comment. Read an article in the Post-Gazette this morning and this bit at the end chafed me also. Here is the link.

"He liked her so much because they would go shopping and stuff and she would want to spend her own money," Abdi said. "The reason he said he loves her is because she's not trying to use him like other girls. She was different from other girls he had been with."

 

 

Steve affAIR McNair

I looked up those pictures of the two of them parasailing. I am so thankful that my husband still looks at me like that, and not some other woman. I found a really great man and things like this just serve to remind me of that fact. Not all men are lumped in Whitlock's group.

It is now being reported, as most thought, that Sahel killed McNair and then herself.

 

The AP is also reporting that Mechelle McNair did not know about the affair and only found out after the murder of her husband.

What kind of wife are you that you dont have the slightest idea your husband is taking vacations with other women, buying other women cars, etc. He was living in Nashville, her in Mississippi. Doesn't sound like they were even married.

What kind of wife are you that you dont have the slightest idea your husband is taking vacations with other women, buying other women cars, etc. He was living in Nashville, her in Mississippi. Doesn't sound like they were even married.

 

I don’t think Mechelle lived in Mississippi that is where his first wife and two of his four children live. I believe Mechelle and his other two children live close to Nashville.

 

Anyone who travels a lot as part of their occupation could probably say they were going to Timbuktu for business and instead take off to Bermuda for the week. I can see it happening, but it is very sad and does not speak well of Steve McNair. I think that Mechelle and all of Steve’s children are victims of this tragedy and should not be blamed in any manner for his bad choices.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.