June 20, 200917 yr How has the departure of John Calipari from Memphis to Kentucky impacted you? It hasn’t really. He’s a good coach. I don’t know if I like the way they’re doing things right there now though. Seems like he left Memphis kind of in a bad situation and then guys at Kentucky are getting their scholarships taken back. I don’t know yet. It’s a competitive place though, you know college basketball, and it’s only getting more and more competitive. LINK Barnes is condsidered one of, if not the top prospect in 2010.
June 20, 200917 yr The coaching carousel is almost annual young fella. Cal came to KY to win, this is a team who went to the NIT last year.
June 20, 200917 yr I would agree with his assessment, somewhat. We will see how other coaches will "attack" what coach Cal has done. It could be a tough deal for a while.
June 21, 200917 yr Barnes is a VERY bright kid, and he's right on the money with his feelings on things at this moment in time. Kansas and Duke have done a great job recruiting him so far, and I'd be surprised if he ended up somewhere other than those two...
June 21, 200917 yr Barnes is a VERY bright kid, and he's right on the money with his feelings on things at this moment in time. Kansas and Duke have done a great job recruiting him so far, and I'd be surprised if he ended up somewhere other than those two... Do you think other recruits have simular feelings about UK?
June 21, 200917 yr Do you think other recruits have simular feelings about UK? I think it came into play with Barton as well, but on a different level. I don't see it as a big problem, but it's making an impact on the 2010 class at the top right now...
June 21, 200917 yr From KSR.... "I asked Barnes specifically about his comment from BoxofMess.com, which at first he didn’t seem to completely recall, but eventually he assured me that whatever was said wasn’t meant to be knock on Kentucky or Coach Calipari, who is still involved in his recruitment. He went on to deny even making the comment about the scholarships being taken away from players and said that, if anything, he might have said the part about Calipari leaving Memphis, but only in the context of whether or not he left Memphis and continued to recruit him at Kentucky. All in all, if the comment was said, it was probably just another classic case of kids talking and wasn’t meant to be as “earth shattering” as it was taken to be. Barnes was pretty adamant about denying the comment though, especially the part about the scholarships being taken away, so I’ll just allow you to make up your own mind on what you wish to believe. In terms of rumors that Kansas and Duke are leaders, he said “that might be a bit premature at this point,” mainly because he hasn’t had the opportunity to see other schools, giving North Carolina and Kentucky as examples of campuses that he plans on getting a better look at."
June 21, 200917 yr ^ About the best news I've read considering Barnes, although I still feel Kentucky is a longshot to land his services.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.