Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harrison Barnes Comments on UK/Coach Cal

Featured Replies

See I don't understand why you had to go there. Did they want him? Of course? Do they need him? Maybe not if they get 3 different 5 star recruits. It doesn't appear to be a situation where if they miss on a kid as good as him they're done. It appears they can get away w/ missing on a couple of hugely talented kids b/c they can bring in other hugely talented kids.

But to say they don't need him is silly. Everyone needs the a top 2 recruit. IF they land 3 other top 20 players then they will be alright but automatically say they don't need him is just flat wrong.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But to say they don't need him is silly. Everyone needs the a top 2 recruit. IF they land 3 other top 20 players then they will be alright but automatically say they don't need him is just flat wrong.

 

I don't think so. Did they want him? Yes. Would he have been great for them? More than likely. Did they need him? It depends on who else they can get. In the Tubby days if they missed on a guy like him they were scrambling to fill their scholarships. It doesn't appear that will be the case w/ Calipari. My original post was half joking and half serious. The impression I got from UK bashers was when UK missed on a kid the faithful would say he's not that great anyway we didn't need him. Then they would tell you how good Michael Porter was going to be as a frosh. My point was those days seem to be a thing of the past. If Calipari doesn't land solid classes the next 2 years then they obviously would have needed him. I don't think that will be the case.

The rest of what you said is speculation. Once UK is actually a major factor in March again, you can make that claim all you want.

 

It was well known that Barnes wasn't going to land at UK for a long time, and that is an elite recruit that isn't in play for Cal in 2010. Not much else to say after the simple facts...

Well, I guess what you say about Harrison Barnes is also pure speculation. Maybe he is the next big bust? Maybe not? Who knows...what I do know is UK will be alright without the guy.

Well, I guess what you say about Harrison Barnes is also pure speculation. Maybe he is the next big bust? Maybe not? Who knows...what I do know is UK will be alright without the guy.

I've scouted Barnes in person numerous times, and if you'd like to check my track record on projecting talent please go right ahead. Any way you slice it to help yourself get through the day, any 2010 combo forward not named Harrison Barnes is a pretty big drop off in talent. Tobias Harris is the only one that comes even remotely close and UK is in for a big fight landing him as well...

I've scouted Barnes in person numerous times, and if you'd like to check my track record on projecting talent please go right ahead. Any way you slice it to help yourself get through the day, any 2010 combo forward not named Harrison Barnes is a pretty big drop off in talent. Tobias Harris is the only one that comes even remotely close and UK is in for a big fight landing him as well...

Im not trying to argue that point. I know Harrison is projected to be a cut above the rest. What im trying to get you to acknowledge is the FACT that UK will be JUST FINE without Harrison Barnes on the team. UK will have options at the small forward spot next year. Darius Miller, Darnell Dodson, and John Hood come to mind. You know they will be fine, I know they will be fine, everyone else knows they will be fine. You're just too hard headed to say it.

Im not trying to argue that point. I know Harrison is projected to be a cut above the rest. What im trying to get you to acknowledge is the FACT that UK will be JUST FINE without Harrison Barnes on the team. UK will have options at the small forward spot next year. Darius Miller, Darnell Dodson, and John Hood come to mind. You know they will be fine, I know they will be fine, everyone else knows they will be fine. You're just too hard headed to say it.

Where have I said they wouldn't be fine? Anywhere? Buehler???

Where have I said they wouldn't be fine? Anywhere? Buehler???

 

You definitely implied it in post #21 when you laughed at SSC and his thoughts on the situation.

You definitely implied it in post #21 when you laughed at SSC and his thoughts on the situation.

You are assuming things that simply are not true. If it's not a big deal why did Cal and staff waste time on him in the first place? Maybe because they knew he was the best option? Maybe???

You are assuming things that simply are not true. If it's not a big deal why did Cal and staff waste time on him in the first place? Maybe because they knew he was the best option? Maybe???

Im sure he was the best option, but somehow you are still missing the point. Want and Need are 2 VERY different things.

Im sure he was the best option, but somehow you are still missing the point. Want and Need are 2 VERY different things.

Cal feels they NEED a combo forward in this class and he WANTED Barnes. Sound about right???

Cal feels they NEED a combo forward in this class and he WANTED Barnes. Sound about right???

 

Yes. I would agree w/ that. I just feel gone are the days where if they miss they are in big trouble. For instance, how bad would UK have been the last two years if they missed on Patrick Patterson? I don't think it's as big of a miss missing here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.