June 18, 200917 yr UK fans need to move on. The past is the past and decisions have been made. We should be excited about the upcoming season and the players that ARE a part of the team.
June 18, 200917 yr N.J.I.T. could win the National Championship too... Randolph Morris wasn't coming back either....
June 18, 200917 yr I never said it "can't" happen. I said it won't happen. There is a big difference. Again, if we could only discuss what "happened" on here there wouldn't be a board. That's why there are prediction threads and "hypothetical" ones like this one clearly says.
June 18, 200917 yr My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so? Returning to Kentucky is not Meeks' #1 option. That is clear. But if he goes undrafted (which he probably won't), then it becomes an option.
June 18, 200917 yr FWIW, I said this exact thing in a thread last night. We need a "pat myself on the back" smiley. I'm surprised GT hasn't come up with one already. :lol:
June 18, 200917 yr If the only posts that were on this board were stuff that actually happen there would be 10 million less posts. It more than likely won't happen, but to say it can't happen is wrong IMO. I never said you couldn't discuss it, where are you getting this stuff? But it's highly unrealistic and it's wishful thinking. It won't happen.
June 19, 200917 yr I never said you couldn't discuss it, where are you getting this stuff? But it's highly unrealistic and it's wishful thinking. It won't happen. Well you're speaking so definitively. I'm just saying it could happen. If he isn't drafted I'm not even sure he would come back, but there's a chance he won't get drafted. I hope he goes in the first for his sake and ends all of the discussion.
June 19, 200917 yr Didn't the NCAA make Morris sit out half of the next year? Would they do the same thing if Jodie tried to come back? Either way I say he is gone whether drafted, NBA DL, overseas, etc.
June 19, 200917 yr Didn't the NCAA make Morris sit out half of the next year? Would they do the same thing if Jodie tried to come back? Either way I say he is gone whether drafted, NBA DL, overseas, etc. He had to sit b/c some of his workouts were paid for. I think Meeks will get drafted and hopefully he goes in the first round. I think he would go to Europe if he doesn't get drafted in the 1st or early 2nd rounds. If he happens not to get drafted and doesn't decide to go to Europe I think he would play for UK before he would play in the D-league. It's far fetched, but not impossible.
June 19, 200917 yr I think Meeks made a poor decision, he is a good shooter but defensives in the SEC caught up to him in the second half of the season. He is listed at 6'4 or 6'5, which I think he is closer to to 6'2. I wish him the best of luck, just wish he would have returned for his senior season and developed more as a player. He could have developed more imo under Coach Cal and the dribble drive which is closely related to the pro game.
June 19, 200917 yr I think Meeks made a poor decision, he is a good shooter but defensives in the SEC caught up to him in the second half of the season. He is listed at 6'4 or 6'5, which I think he is closer to to 6'2. I wish him the best of luck, just wish he would have returned for his senior season and developed more as a player. He could have developed more imo under Coach Cal and the dribble drive which is closely related to the pro game. Meeks is 6' 3.5" without shoes. :thumb:
June 19, 200917 yr Randolph Morris did the same thing and proved to be a non-factor in his time at UK after being suspended for the first semester.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.