Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetically Speaking: Meeks CAN Return

Featured Replies

For one, teams aren't not going to draft someone in the 2nd round because they can't pay him. Just like with Joe Crawford you can cut them....Problem solved.

 

And as for the "rumors" about taking foreign players because they won't come over, ha....that is ridiculous and quite funny..:lol:

This is a rumor that is being furthered by many. I would say many teams select Europeans that will stay in Europe for a few more years.

 

Example A:

 

The Lakers just won a title and need every available dollar to bring back Odom and Ariza. Why waste money on a first round pick that won't see the floor next year, when you could take a European, let him develop and potentially contribute in a few years.

 

I have trouble believing that the above scenario isn't too far from the truth.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:deadhorse:
This may mark the first time that we are in complete agreement regarding college athletics. :lol:
This is a rumor that is being furthered by many. I would say many teams select Europeans that will stay in Europe for a few more years.

 

Example A:

 

The Lakers just won a title and need every available dollar to bring back Odom and Ariza. Why waste money on a first round pick that won't see the floor next year, when you could take a European, let him develop and potentially contribute in a few years.

 

I have trouble believing that the above scenario isn't too far from the truth.

 

I just find that to be a poor decision. The competition level is still quite different in the European leagues, and even though it's a financial option I think it's a poor basketball decision.

My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so?

My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so?

 

When Deuce and I are on the same side, everyone else just needs to give up.

 

:lol:

My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so?

 

Deuce, can't you just let us dream? It's not like you are on a website filled with overly optimistic (and perhaps hallucinogenic) fans already, ya know?

When Deuce and I are on the same side, everyone else just needs to give up.

 

:lol:

 

:laugh: Now that's funny. Quality stuff right there. :lol: :thumb:

Isn't this similar to what Randolph Morris did?

My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so?

 

He doesn't want to come back, but what if his options are D-league for $30,000 or a chance at a title at UK next year? It's improbable but not impossible IMO. He would also be a free agent at the end of the season and could pick the team he signs w/.

 

It would have been interesting if a pretty talented frosh ever tried to do it before the rule change. He could have essentially declared, not got drafted, and then came back and played as many years as he wanted until he graduated or a team offered him a free agent deal.

I don't understand why you think this couldn't happen. I'd say the chances are about 10%, but there's a chance. The economy right now is terrible so not many teams are going to give 2nd round guaranteed contracts. There are rumors going around that teams late in the 1st round are thinking of taking foreign players that won't come over here for a few years b/c they don't have to pay them. Meeks has said he would go to Europe before he would go to the D-league. He very well may go undrafted.

 

It's not going to happen. End of story.

 

If it does, I'll gladly eat my helping of crow. But it will not.

My whole thing is, if Meeks REALLY wanted to come back to UK, why wouldn't he have already done so?

 

That is my feeling. For an abundance of reasons i'm sure, he has no desire to be at UK any longer.

It's not going to happen. End of story.

 

If it does, I'll gladly eat my helping of crow. But it will not.

 

If the only posts that were on this board were stuff that actually happen there would be 10 million less posts. It more than likely won't happen, but to say it can't happen is wrong IMO.

If the only posts that were on this board were stuff that actually happen there would be 10 million less posts. It more than likely won't happen, but to say it can't happen is wrong IMO.

 

N.J.I.T. could win the National Championship too...

If the only posts that were on this board were stuff that actually happen there would be 10 million less posts. It more than likely won't happen, but to say it can't happen is wrong IMO.

 

 

I never said it "can't" happen.

 

I said it won't happen.

 

There is a big difference.

N.J.I.T. could win the National Championship too...

 

:lol:

 

But it's not going to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.