Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hypothetically Speaking: Meeks CAN Return

Featured Replies

^ A non factor after he came back? Surely you jest

  • Replies 75
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you're speaking so definitively. I'm just saying it could happen. If he isn't drafted I'm not even sure he would come back, but there's a chance he won't get drafted. I hope he goes in the first for his sake and ends all of the discussion.

 

A lot of things could happen. But things like this are highly unlikely. I'm speaking so definitively because I'm that confident this won't happen.

 

Like I said before, if it does, I'll gladly eat my crow.

Didn't the NCAA make Morris sit out half of the next year? Would they do the same thing if Jodie tried to come back? Either way I say he is gone whether drafted, NBA DL, overseas, etc.

 

Morris had to sit out 14 games because he had an agency pay for some of his workouts. Morris was forced to repay the costs of the workouts & was then suspended as well.

 

To the best of my knowledge, Meeks and/or his family has paid his way thus far. As a result, I don't think he'd face any suspensions should he return to Lexington.

I just read Chad Ford's draft preview on ESPN and he has Meeks NOT getting drafted...who knows?!

I just read Chad Ford's draft preview on ESPN and he has Meeks NOT getting drafted...who knows?!

 

It's just my opinion, but I don't think Meeks wants to come back.

 

I would have to believe that he has the same (or better) info as Ford and knows the exactly where he stands.

 

Maybe it's wishful thinking on his part.

Maybe he just doesn't like the college.

Maybe he's worried about an injury.

Maybe he just wants to get payed, even if that means going to Europe.

 

We don't know

 

No matter what. IMO if he wanted to come back to UK he would have already done so. Can't blame anybody for moving on to the next phase of their life. I think all we can do is wish him the best.

  • Author
I just read Chad Ford's draft preview on ESPN and he has Meeks NOT getting drafted...who knows?!

 

Link?

Link?

 

It is on Insider, so no link (copyright issues).

  • Author
1-5 is open to everyone. The rest of the first round and the second round are on Insider.

 

I know, I was just saying that this is the link. Thanks :thumb:

  • Author

Does he still have Clark and Williams in the first round?

Does he still have Clark and Williams in the first round?

 

Williams to Charlotte at 12...Clark to Detroit at 15

Williams to Charlotte at 12...Clark to Detroit at 15

 

Sounds about right.

I just read through the list, and maybe Ford updated it or something but it seems he now has Meeks as the very last pick in the draft (#60) going to the Miami Heat (via Cleveland). He also says Meeks could go anywhere in the 2nd round. Ford said scouts have deemed him to be a little undersized for his position.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.