NKY teams to participate in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown???

jbwill2

On the Cincinnati Enquirer's website, there is an article talking about the 12th annual Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown, which will feature a Colerain-Cincinnati Saint Xavier match-up as the signature game. Apparently, full details of this event will be described in a press release on Tuesday, but the article mentioned that four NKY teams will be participating. I believe it's scheduled for August 27/28/29.

Any word on which NKY teams will be participating? I know that Highlands is currently scheduled to play Ryle (at Ryle) on Friday, August 28. Hmmm...

Edited by jbwill2

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that Ryle would be willing to give up the gate for the home Highlands game.

Is there a chance that Ryle would actually stand to make more money playing in this event (due to a larger turnout)? I noticed that Ryle has played in this event before... I don't think Highlands ever has.

I doubt that Ryle would be willing to give up the gate for the home Highlands game.

And give up the chance to play at a bigger venue and let the Kids get a great experience. I guess it is all about the money..... I know Highlands would do it, now Ryle on the other hand. Does anybody know if their is any truth to this. This all of a sudden doesn't make this 2 game match up such a question mark with some of us Bluebird fans.

CCH hosts LexCath on the 29th so they're not in it.

The article said that 4 NKY teams will play in a doubleheader, so I'm thinking that the NKY teams will be playing each other, and not Ohio teams. I just wonder who it will be?

And give up the chance to play at a bigger venue and let the Kids get a great experience. I guess it is all about the money..... I know Highlands would do it, now Ryle on the other hand. Does anybody know if their is any truth to this. This all of a sudden doesn't make this 2 game match up such a question mark with some of us Bluebird fans.

:notworthy: In the real world in which Ryle tries to live, it takes money to run the football program and help pay the final expenses of the new turf field installed last year. It would be a great experience no doubt and if it works out finances-wise, then great, I hope Ryle does it. But giving up a gate for a crowd the likes of which a Highlands game would draw is not something any school would take lightly and Ryle most certainly shouldn't be criticized if they can't afford to do so.

Is there a chance that Ryle would actually stand to make more money playing in this event (due to a larger turnout)? I noticed that Ryle has played in this event before... I don't think Highlands ever has.

Could Ryle give up the first game with Highlands (and participate in the Showdown) in exchange for getting the season finale at home?

I'm not positive but I talked to one of the SK coaches a couple months ago and I asked him about the schedule and I think he said they were playing in this. Not positive it's this event, but if not it's something similar to it. I just remember him saying SK would actually be televised a few times this season. With one of them maybe being on FSN.

:notworthy: In the real world in which Ryle tries to live, it takes money to run the football program and help pay the final expenses of the new turf field installed last year. It would be a great experience no doubt and if it works out finances-wise, then great, I hope Ryle does it. But giving up a gate for a crowd the likes of which a Highlands game would draw is not something any school would take lightly and Ryle most certainly shouldn't be criticized if they can't afford to do so.

Man what we wouldn't do to have the facilities as Ryle. Only one can dream...:notworthy: Could you imagine the possibilities if Highlands had that kind of Resources.

I'm not positive but I talked to one of the SK coaches a couple months ago and I asked him about the schedule and I think he said they were playing in this. Not positive it's this event, but if not it's something similar to it. I just remember him saying SK would actually be televised a few times this season. With one of them maybe being on FSN.

Who does Simon have that week on the schedule.