Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino Going the Distance

Featured Replies

I'm shocked no one has posted this all day...

 

Pitino

 

I guess a story that involves Pitino SAYING that he isn't leaving isn't as newsworthy as all the "sources" people have rumoring him to other jobs. He is quoted as saying that he will retire at UofL today at the presser for Coach Willard's introduction.

 

So much for the Arizona, UK, Memphis, Atlanta, Sacremento, USC (am I missing any?) rumors.

 

:popcorn:

That's what he said (I'm staying) right before right before he left U.K. for Boston. :thumb::lol:

I'm shocked no one has posted this all day...

 

No you're not... :lol:

So, a college basketball coach tells us he's going the distance. It just has to be the truth, I guess.

It just has to be the truth, I guess.

 

Yep, just like the hundreds of rumors about him leaving Louisville since he's gotten here. :thumb:

I'm shocked no one has posted this all day...

 

Pitino

 

I guess a story that involves Pitino SAYING that he isn't leaving isn't as newsworthy as all the "sources" people have rumoring him to other jobs. He is quoted as saying that he will retire at UofL today at the presser for Coach Willard's introduction.

 

So much for the Arizona, UK, Memphis, Atlanta, Sacremento, USC (am I missing any?) rumors.

 

:popcorn:

 

I had to go back and read that several times.....thought you were saying he announced today that he was retiring.....it is late...:lol:

Yep, just like the hundreds of rumors about him leaving Louisville since he's gotten here. :thumb:

 

Rule #1: NEVER, under any circumstance, trust a college coach :thumb:

He talks out of both sides of his mouth. Always has and always will.

  • Author

I'll trust his opinion over internet rumors that have floated around and have had truth to them. That's all I'm saying. Of course he could not be telling the truth, but it seems a lot more credible than the, "Pitino to USC/Memphis, etc. rumors.

Rule #1: NEVER, under any circumstance, trust a college coach :thumb:

 

Rule #2: NEVER, under any circumstance, trust internet rumors with no truth to them whatsoever. :thumb:

 

I'd think you of all people would acknowledge that...

So is he retiring today?

Rule #1: NEVER, under any circumstance, trust a college coach :thumb:

 

Do you preach that rule to your fellow Wildcat fans? Because they seem to be pretty trusting of the new guy in Lex.

"I can't tell you how happy I am with the commitment and the confidence that Tom Jurich has in me and the university has in me," Petrino said after signing the contract Thursday morning. "I also wanted to make sure that everyone understood, I know I've said it, that this is where my family wants to be. This is where I want to be. I want everyone to really believe it."

Here's where I'm at....all the people who report the supposed links between Pitino and ______________ are people who would like nothing more than to see him A) leave Louisville, and/or B) fail. The people who most vehemently disparage his announcements that he is staying at Louisville, loves Louisville, loves Kentucky, wants to be in Louisville, are people who would like nothing more than to see Louisville in a jam.

 

Since Pitino apparently does want to be in Louisville (which is what he's been saying for 8+ years now), and this is his longest stint anywhere to date, I'm going to ignore all the rumors and speculation and ugliness, and just be happy to be a Cardinal fan! :dancingpa

I believe he has 2 more years before he reaches his "distance" destination...retirement and then he becomes a horse racing guru.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.